• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop complaining

Taicak

Smash Rookie
I keep seeing all these post about how terriable the character line up for Brawl will be. Thats not fair and ill give you what I think is at least a decent examle.

Lets just take a second to note that even though link has been in all the smashes it is still really bad *** to play as him. But what I think starts to happen is one might get bored seeing him again and now again. Would it have been a better move to take him luigi peach bowser samus and other classic characters out and add random new ones? That way you would get your new characters.

Remember, snake will be awsome, sonic, meta, pit, imagine if those characters were being anounced now, people would piss themselves.

So ladies and gentleman, please take a second to respect the classic line up that has always been there and to appericate the new amazing characters that are comming in.

And one last thing, we all know there will be one more huge character he is saving. Sonic was not the climax of charater anouncements. So that being said, perhaps it will be megaman, or maybe my personal guess a battletoad. Maybe knight Arthur form gouls and ghosts. Anyway, am i crazy for being really excited to see how mario has improved and to see how samus has changed or to see how link have evolved, let alone all the new characters.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
All the characters on the Dojo are fantastic. I would gladly buy the game with those characters alone.

However, the 35 roster could have been improved in certain ways.

Machete

Smash Ace
We don't need more "I'm cooler than you because I accept the 35 character roster mwahaha I'm so cool..." posts; thank you very much.

True Fool

Smash Ace
...What are you talking about? Do you mean the complaints of the rumored roster? I think that roster is ridiculous and terrible, but I DON'T think it's the real roster. Come on, R.O.B., Wolf and Falco over Krystal? I think Sakurai knows us a little better than that.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
You people are seriously misunderstanding the reason for our hatred of this "leaked" 35 man roster. Half of it has to do with the characters it has and doesn't have, but mainly is for the quality. How many people are going to look forward to playing with R.O.B.? Not much. I agree he would be a "WTF" character, but I don't think he's the type of "WTF" most people are going to be pleased with. Keep in mind, assuming the roster is true (which I hope it isn't), of how many characters Sakurai has excluded; Those would be Isaac, Ridley, Krystal, Geno, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr, Mewtwo, Megaman, Bomberman, Pacman, Takamaru, Claus, Sukapon and the list goes on. Please, let's be honest with ourselves, this roster is a joke to every Smash fan out there and to Brawl itself. Whether you agree with me or not I don't care, this is just how I feel about that crappy mess you call a roster.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Indeed. I don't have a problem with there "only" being 35 characters. It's the frankly stupid inclusions and omissions that I hate. ROB is not a character, he's a NES accessory. His inclusion would not be equal to Mr. Game & Watch's in Melee. That was actually a pleasant surprise.

Secondly, there's no Mewtwo. Try as I might, I just cannot get my head around the fact that (provided the list is real) Sakurai would choose to bring back EVERY non-clone character from Melee apart from Mewtwo. What's the point? I could half understand if he were part of some mass purge to make way for new characters (although I obviously wouldn't be happy about it), but Mewtwo as the only non-clone casualty? What are they playing at. The fact that it also includes a character who is nothing more than a Link variant, plus two Earthbound characters who don't really look or play much different from one another, and you do have to wonder why they've axed a character who was quite unlike anyone else.

So they're my thoughts on the matter. Obviously there are characters I would've wanted to have seen make the cut, but at the end of the day if you ditch ROB and toss Mewtwo back in there I'm perfectly happy with it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We don't need more "I'm cooler than you because I accept the 35 character roster mwahaha I'm so cool..." posts; thank you very much.
I think I might make this into a sig. :laugh: Also, the OP completely shoots himself in the foot because he mentions how he's expecting Sakurai to reveil one more character that will blow us all away. :psycho: Sounds like you're expecting more from the 35 character roster too, eh?

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
That 35 character roster is fake and terrible. No Ridley? he was the highest on the polls tied or just behind sonic (I think). But i think everyone here was hoping for at least 40 characters. and plus ROB isn't a character, he's an enemy in the subspace emissary

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
eh,
I don't know if you can get people to feel ok about things using speeches...

Otherwise, I don't mind the roster whatever they put in,
-THey all seem like a mosh posh of characters without significant thought put into each one besides balance and moves from their series

Top Bottom