• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stock Icon Crashing Problem with 3.6b and Cbliss Tool

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I posted this elsewhere, but just realized I posted it in the wrong section.

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, but I've been modding my Project M build for about 3-6 hours a day for the past 3 weeks or so. This week I discovered that Mewtwo2000 had released a new version of his cBliss Tool for expanding character costume slots. After getting some kinks worked out, I managed to get it working and while I haven't jumped straight to expanding everyone to 10 slots, I'm slowly expanding them I as I work through each character.

However, I seem to have hit a problem. While multiplayer is working fine, it seems that in single player (Classic mode specifically), when I try to change to costumes on certain characters who have expanded slots, the game crashes and I get a loud buzzing sound. The last time this happened (in multiplayer) was when I expanded everyone to 10 slots but didn't have CSPs, BPs, etc. for the game to read, hence why I've been slowly expanding.

SO, I learned that it only appears to be certain characters. Samus, for example seems to work just fine. I can browse her costumes without issue. Donkey Kong however has 1 added costume and whenever I get to it, bam. Game crashes. When I pulled this costume up in Brawl Costume Manager, I noticed that it does not have a stock icon at all. In fact, all the slots that work DO have stock icons even if they don't belong to the character such as Samus' added slot having a black Sheik stock icon. When I try to replace the empty icon slot on DK, nothing happens because there isn't one there to replace. When I imported a stock icon to pretty much any stock icon folder I could find in replacement tutorials and renamed it "InfStc.020" (the slot that comes after his last costume) nothing changed either. A stock icon still doesn't appear in Costume Manager either. UPDATE: after setting Costume Manager to 3.5 compatibility instead of cBliss compatibility it DOES show the icon I tried to add for Donkey Kong. Classic Mode is still crashing though. Very confused.

Does anyone have any tips? I'm at my wits end here and I created this account just to ask this. Should I just remove all traces of cBliss and start all over without adding character slots? Also, would removing it make the game more stable overall?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Well... I don't know how else to put this, but the problem fixed itself?? The icons that I had placed in my sc_selcharacter.pac have suddenly started being read, even though they weren't last night. I did undo a couple of changes I made last night so maybe something I messed with while trying to fix this problem caused them not to be read? I have no idea. Either way, this seems to be solved for now.

Now I am adding stock icons to my sc_selcharacter.pac to make up for the ones missing from the added character slots. If anything else goes wrong, I'll come back to this thread.

Kirbeast

Smash Cadet
How are you adding stock icons? I've tried adding them in but they aren't working. Is there another file (other then a texture) I have to add in?

Top Bottom