• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stickers with Olimar - Unfair Disadvantage?

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking about the stickers, and their abilities with Olimar. For one I was thinking whether the stickers would WORK properly, assuming it counts Pikmin as part of his character, and not an item. Otherwise all stickers apart from resistances would be pretty useless unless there are some "+10 Item Damage" ones.

My other worry was due to the restriction of the size of the trophy stands, would he be at a disadvantage with some if his attacks? We know he has Fire and Electric attacks, as well as Poison damage, but if, for instance, you had a great big "+20 Fire Damage" and only enough room for something else necessary and useful like Lauch Resistance, would that mean only one of his 5 Pikmin attacks would be powerful? Unlike many character like Pikachu, where a "+10 Electric Attacks" sticker would be VERY useful, not only is the Red Pikmin only have a 1 in 6 chance of being swung as a weapon, but I imagine that not all attacks would use it anyway. So my real worry is that stickers won't be as effective on Olimar as everybody else.

This COULD be remedied by havng Olimar-Specific stickers, like "+20 Pikmin Damage", but these I imagine would be very rare. So, what're your thoughts on his character disadvantage? Or have I missed something that points out otherwise?

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine that most stickers would be based off a generalized attack scale. Very few, if any stickers would be character specific. It seems there could be a projectile boosting sticker or something, so we'll have to see.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well I don't get at all what you're saying about size-restricted trophy stands. Do you think for some reason Olimar will have less room on his because he's a small character? Well anyway, weren't the stickers just "plus magic damage"? This means that it would upgrade all schools of magic, so Olimar wouldn't be at any sort of disadvantage here.

Also, Sakurai did say we'd be seeing character specific stickers, so we very well may see some that boost his Pikmin. But most likely the Pikmin strength will increase as Olimar acquires + strength stickers.

Olimar shouldn't be at any disadvantages with stickers, he'll be fine and owning in the Subspace Emissary regardless.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't get at all what you're saying about size-restricted trophy stands. Do you think for some reason Olimar will have less room on his because he's a small character? Well anyway, weren't the stickers just "plus magic damage"? This means that it would upgrade all schools of magic, so Olimar wouldn't be at any sort of disadvantage here.

Also, Sakurai did say we'd be seeing character specific stickers, so we very well may see some that boost his Pikmin. But most likely the Pikmin strength will increase as Olimar acquires + strength stickers.

Olimar shouldn't be at any disadvantages with stickers, he'll be fine and owning in the Subspace Emissary regardless.
I mean the limit as to how many stickers you put on. It's not infinite. I really dont want to be cycling through Pikmin to find the one with the attack boost though. >_<

IllidR

Smash Champion
I mean the limit as to how many stickers you put on. It's not infinite. I really dont want to be cycling through Pikmin to find the one with the attack boost though. >_<
Well then for the BEST Sticker Power-Ups, give Olimar more focus on other upgrades besides the magic. You'll have more room for bigger stickers of other powers. It wouldn't make sense to give someone such as Marth without any projectiles a magic upgrade would it? Or if you insist that you want to upgrade your White Pikmin since those are the only ones with some sort of magic attack, if poison does get upgraded by the sticker, find where on each level there is a high chance of plucking White Pikmin and use that to your advantage.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Well, it looks like only certain stickers power up certain Pikmin. Another reason why I think he will be bottom tier. *Runs from fanboys*

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like only certain stickers power up certain Pikmin. Another reason why I think he will be bottom tier. *Runs from fanboys*
Well it looks like stickers are only used in Subspace Emissary and have absolutely NO effect on how he plays competively and therefore has no effect on tier. Good day sir.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Well it looks like stickers are only used in Subspace Emissary and have absolutely NO effect on how he plays competively and therefore has no effect on tier. Good day sir
I think a fanboy just shot you in the back. :chuckle:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Note the name of the character: Pikmin and Olimar...not C.Olimar. It is strange, but there is depth and truth behind it! The stickers will obviously mkae all Pikmin moves more powerful.

Top Bottom