• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stealth Burst or Gunner Missle?

With my setup, which move better fits?

• Total voters

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
I'm Torn. I can't decide between the two.
I'm using a small/wide Mii with
Grenade Launcher
????
Lunar Launch
Bomb Drop

Flame Pillar is out because despite being a fantastic move, I don't feel it adds anything that Grenade and Bomb don't already cover.

Gunner Missle has been my go to, it's great at tossing out a few missles and walling out your opponent especially when combined with Grenade and Bomb, but just adds to the lack of kill power as even the super missles don't have that much knockback.

Stealth burst however moves quickly and from what I've read, has pretty good knockback, though lacking in the overall utility that the missle provides.

Anyone have any compelling suggestions for one or the other?

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I'd give Stealth Burst a shot (no pun intended).

You're going to want to keep at a distance when using it and use other projectiles you may have (grenade, bomb drop, Fair, etc) in order to create openings and space to use it. Holding down the special button will "charge" it of sorts as it moves forward (The amount of damage and knockback it does increases the longer you hold down the special button). A max charged blast will always do 15% damage (you'll know its charge is maxed out because the blast is bigger than normal), and has pretty strong knockback on higher percents, making it useful for trying to score a KO/make recovery difficult while the opponent is offstage.

If that doesn't work well, keep with the missiles.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I prefer missiles for 1v1 and stealth burst is likely to be good in teams. Super missile is a continuously moving hitbox and you can combo out of it, while stealth burst is more likely to leave you open, even though you can trap landings somewhat effectively.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I personally prefer Stealth Burst as I feels it complements Gunner the best as it gives him another trap to use on top of his Zoning game. And it can kill.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
If you like just pooping out hitboxes, missile is good, but if you want something more deadly, go Burst. All the side b's is playstyle/matchup dependent really if you ask me.

Top Bottom