• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

State of Mewtwo's Game

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Hi all,

Just started playing again after taking a break. After about a week of matches, I'm beginning to think every other character has faster everything and less landing lag then Mewtwo. Give it to me straight, how is Mewtwo's game compared to the other characters in 5.0.0? I was under the impression he'd gotten some buffs, but I feel like I have to work my butt off to get wins with him, as opposed to some of the other characters I play around with (Ridley, Chrom, Bowser, Ganondorf).

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
A little bit late to respond, but Mewtwo is average in a game with a lot of excellent characters. He's not bad. He has a lot of good spacing tools, insane recovery, strong kill moves, and decent combo potential. But he also has some big weaknesses; big frame, light weight, a non-disjointed "sword".

Overall, being successful with Mewtwo is absolutely possible. He has the tools to achieve some amazing things. Though, there are characters who can just plain do it better with less work. If Mewtwo is who you're dedicated to, then keep at it. If you just want to win, then I'd say it's probably time to move on.

TLDR it's possible to get good with Mewtwo, but you have to want to stick with Mewtwo.

Top Bottom