• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

staryu and starmie for brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
Oh my God, what is your problem? You seriously need to mellow down a bit and platypus threats are not welcome on the Smash Bords. We all know Staryu/Starmie aren't going to make it in, there's no use making an idiot out of yourself because of it.
Alright i'll stop. this thread aint worth it

Saku

Smash Cadet
What is wrong with you people? All they did was say they'd like Staryu or Starmie. They didn't say it was going to happen, nor did they say that any other character was going to go down for them.
None of you have the right to bash someone because their ideas don't match yours. You're NOT any sort of god (or sentient being of the same or similar liking), nor are any of you "elite" in any form of the word.
Just because someone voices their opinion, doesn't mean you have to vomit negativity all over it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
To give you a better nicer explanation to why Starmie or Staryu won't be playable is this:

Only the very popular pokemon will make it. Pikachu is the unofficial mascot of Pokemon, that is why he is in all 3 games. Jigglypuff was in the 1st 2 (not confirmed yet) because she was popular in Japan. Staryu & Starmie have a low popularity. This is just part of the tragedy of the Pokemon series. Once a couple of new generations shown up, the older ones are often forgotten. I bet there are people out there who know who Lucario is, but don't know who Starmie is. Which is why i don't get into pokemon anymore. I was loyal to the 1-2 generation And most of those Pokemon were forgotten once 3rd and 4th came. But at least Staryu was a pokeball and trophy in Melee, and Starmie was a Pokeball in the 1st Smash Bros. So i believe the chain will continue and Staryu or Starmie will be in a pokeball. yes Starmie or Staryu will be in brawl, just not playable.

I hope that was a better explanation then Platnum could.

Saku

Smash Cadet
^^^
Popularity, does not a good character roster make. Nor is that the basis for Sakurai's inclusions anyway.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes, but that is the basis for the Pokemon series. Not including Pokemon Trainer. (Pikachu & Mewtwo were popular in Melee, Pichu was a filler. but was still popular then)

skullkidd

Smash Ace
You really put a lot of thought into this thread...
They won't be playable, but they've always made classic Pokeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom