• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting a weekly tournament advice?

Pastor

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

I am starting up a weekly in the DE/PA area. I have shofu streaming it and that will be awesome. We have already 30+ confirmed coming. I was curious as to how TO's go about getting sponsorships? It would be helpful to make the prizes and everything better for the venue. We have the numbers so where should we look?

Thanks!

Nintendo has a sponsorship page and sometimes Best Buy will show some love (gamers Club Unlocked membership or something) if you can talk to the Regional people. Mom and Pop game shops will help if you offer them a table to sell some games or the dreaded amiibos.

dunham

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dunhamcw
I would wait a couple weeks if you are just getting it started to really spend time on sponsorship. Consistency is what will bring those sponsors in and having the numbers to show will help a great deal.

We started our weekly series here in Richmond, VA with 12 people and not for the past 3 weeks have gotten 45 for two of those weeks and 53 for this past weekend. So from a business perspective outside of just being a TO, having numbers to back up your request helps a great deal.

Pastor

Smash Rookie
I would wait a couple weeks if you are just getting it started to really spend time on sponsorship. Consistency is what will bring those sponsors in and having the numbers to show will help a great deal.

We started our weekly series here in Richmond, VA with 12 people and not for the past 3 weeks have gotten 45 for two of those weeks and 53 for this past weekend. So from a business perspective outside of just being a TO, having numbers to back up your request helps a great deal.
We are going into week 3, thanks for your advice!

Top Bottom