• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starters Salt Mine Tournament # 2 (JUNE 7th) Weekly 3DS Tournaments

PhantomVirus13

Smash Cadet
NNID
PhaNTomVIruS13
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Challonge Link: http://challonge.com/StartersSaltMine2

General Rules:
~ Items Off
~ Three (3) Stocks
~ Eight (8) Minutes
~ All matches are best 2 out of 3 except for, Losers/Winners Finals and Grand Finals
~ Sudden Death will not be played. Instead a tie-breaker match will be played consisting of one (1) stock and three (3) minutes.
~ If time runs out (in any match), the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest amount of damage percentage wins.
~ If a suicide move is used to WIN a match, the initiator of the move wins.
~ Players have ten (10) minutes to show up to their designated match before they lose the set.
~ A "-1" will be given to any player that is a no-show.
Stage Rules (See Stage List below):
~ Every first game, both players will agree on a stage. If none are agreed upon the higher seed bans first.
~ Winner bans one stage, Loser picks a stage. Winner picks a character, and loser picks a character in this same order.
~ Gentleman's Clause (Any stage can be played on if both players agree, will override the first starting match game)
Character Rules:
~ Switching characters in between matches is allowed.
~ Customs are banned.
~ Equipment is banned.
~ All Mii fighters are banned.
~ Yoshi Stall Glitch is banned.
~ Mewtwo will be allowed.
~ In case of the Bowser Jr. glitch, restart the match regardless of the score (If it is being done on purpose the Bowser Jr. will be DQ'd).
Stage List:
Starters:
- Battlefield - Yoshi's Island (Brawl) - Final Destination
Counterpicks:
- Final Destination Omegas (Banning FD bans this) - Prism Tower/Luminose City - Arena Ferox
Chatroom: http://us20.chatzy.com/SmashRoom

Last edited:

EXP-neVAr

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2832-3415
am interested
Tag: neVAr
Friend Code: 4382-2832-3415
Mains: Dark Pit and Pit

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious @ PhantomVirus13 PhantomVirus13 , why ban Mewtwo? I understand not everyone has him, but why the ban? Is it that you want everyone to have had the chance to practice against the roster, and someone without Mewtwo can't have practiced?

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Challonge Link: http://challonge.com/StartersSaltMine2

General Rules:
~ Items Off
~ Three (3) Stocks
~ Eight (8) Minutes
~ All matches are best 2 out of 3 except for, Losers/Winners Finals and Grand Finals
~ Sudden Death will not be played. Instead a tie-breaker match will be played consisting of one (1) stock and three (3) minutes.
~ If time runs out (in any match), the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest amount of damage percentage wins.
~ If a suicide move is used to WIN a match, the initiator of the move wins.
~ Players have ten (10) minutes to show up to their designated match before they lose the set.
~ A "-1" will be given to any player that is a no-show.
Stage Rules (See Stage List below):
~ Every first game, both players will agree on a stage. If none are agreed upon the higher seed bans first.
~ Winner bans one stage, Loser picks a stage. Winner picks a character, and loser picks a character in this same order.
~ Gentleman's Clause (Any stage can be played on if both players agree, will override the first starting match game)
Character Rules:
~ Switching characters in between matches is allowed.
~ Customs are banned.
~ Equipment is banned.
~ All Mii fighters are banned.
~ Yoshi Stall Glitch is banned.
~ Mewtwo will be allowed.
~ In case of the Bowser Jr. glitch, restart the match regardless of the score (If it is being done on purpose the Bowser Jr. will be DQ'd).
Stage List:
Starters:
- Battlefield - Yoshi's Island (Brawl) - Final Destination
Counterpicks:
- Final Destination Omegas (Banning FD bans this) - Prism Tower/Luminose City - Arena Ferox
Chatroom: http://us21.chatzy.com/66146421157637
Joined. Can't wait! :D

EXP-neVAr

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2832-3415
If any wants to practice I'll be on smash boards tomorrow while I'm online so we can get a hold of each other

Icarus_98

Smash Rookie
NNID
DWyatt41698
3DS FC
3110-7830-4600
If any wants to practice I'll be on smash boards tomorrow while I'm online so we can get a hold of each other
Just let me know what time and we can practice. Also, is it Mountain Standard Time or Eastern. It says MDT but @ PhantomVirus13 PhantomVirus13 is in Penn. :/

Last edited:

PhantomVirus13

Smash Cadet
NNID
PhaNTomVIruS13
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
I cannot practice. Sorry for my late response I'm busy but these weekly 3DS tournaments will be run well by me and my administration. Good luck to all of you.

Icarus_98

Smash Rookie
NNID
DWyatt41698
3DS FC
3110-7830-4600
Another thing I'm confused about is how is this tournament going to work. Do we get our matchups codes each time? Do we get @ PhantomVirus13 PhantomVirus13 's code and he'll moderate each match? What time zone is it? It says MDT (Mountain) but I think he is in EST time.

Sorry. Firat online tourney

PhantomVirus13

Smash Cadet
NNID
PhaNTomVIruS13
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Since it seems that some of you are confused on the tournament start time, I will be posting notices to keep you on track. I will post on smashboards saying the tournament starts in 2 hours before the tournament start time, another notice 1 hour before the tournament starts, and a 30 minute warning before the tournament starts. I understand time zones are different so this my solution. So look on smashboards tomorrow frequently if you are confused when my tournament starts. Also remember do not forget to click the check-in button 1 hour before the tournament starts. I hope this all helps.

Swag Magikarp

Smash Rookie
So, do we give you our friend codes, or how does this work? It's my first tournament as well, so... My main question is how do we connect to the correct opponent? I'm guessing it's friend code, but how do we attain it?

Last edited:

PhantomVirus13

Smash Cadet
NNID
PhaNTomVIruS13
3DS FC
1134-8573-7996
Go in the chat when the tournament is live and speak/exchange friend codes with your opponent on the bracket. Btw 1 HOUR AND 37 MINUTES before the tournament starts!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Go in the chat when the tournament is live and speak/exchange friend codes with your opponent on the bracket. Btw 1 HOUR AND 37 MINUTES before the tournament starts!
There is a major problem I just remembered with Chatzy, unless you pay to have a premium room, only ten people can be in the chat at once. You have 50 people currently signed up, how are you going to provide communication for the 40 other potential players attempting to enter the chat?

Top Bottom