• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starbound Beta Players

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Are there any other starbound beta players on smash boards? I'm surprised I did a search and couldn't find a thread about this Terraria'ish game.

What bugs have you encountered so far? What do you like about the game or look forward to in the final release?

I like the game a lot so far but I don't want to invest too much time into it since it seems there will be a wipe of characters with future versions.

Edit: Just a heads up I wouldn't attempt to run this on anything earlier than Windows 7 64 bit with a 64 bit processor and a bit of RAM. I have 16 gigs of RAM, Intel quad core i5 3.2 ghz CPU, and an Gigabyte 2 gig DDR 5 video card. Even with those specs it still takes up to 45 seconds to launch the game and since it's beta it's quite hardware dependant at first. If you try to run this game on vista 32 it will crash and burn. I had an older setup I installed it onto with Vista and it was horrible.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I've played it and put about 20+ hours in it and I have to say it is a fun game. I haven't touched it since a month ago because of the constant character wipes, but i would definitely recommend it to you if you liked Terraria. The only major bug I can remember is that it had issues running on Nvidia cards, which was a known issue and probably fixed by now.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Yo, I've played it and put about 20+ hours in it and I have to say it is a fun game. I haven't touched it since a month ago because of the constant character wipes, but i would definitely recommend it to you if you liked Terraria. The only major bug I can remember is that it had issues running on Nvidia cards, which was a known issue and probably fixed by now.

No kidding huh? I have an invidia card but purchasing a AMD card for titanfall and battlefield 4. I like the quests compared to terraria and not hearing those annoying zombies knock on your door all night long.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582

The update they released 1/26 no longer wipes characters or ships but future updates may possibly wipe worlds. Time to get those play hours in. I'll be playing this quite a bit until SB4 comes out at least.

B Rod

Smash Rookie
I play Starbound! especially now that they're done with the character wipes. Love what they did to this game compared to Terraria

Top Bottom