• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star KO?

Warumon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0559-6761-8614
It's a simple question, how do u star KO garanteed with rest? Is it at a certain percentage for characters or is it just random, tho I do know that u can't star KO near the end of the timer.

Blaq Sheep

Smash Rookie
All my star KO's seem to happen at lower percent rest kills. Also they seem to occur more on heavier characters for me. The greater the force of the knock back, the more likely a blast KO is to happen.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I think it depends on how fast you hit the upper blast zone. If you go slamming into the top blast zone, you'll probably get a blast. But if you slowly drift into the top blast zone, it'll probably be a star/slam KO.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
It is random with some probability distribution. I've been testing this pretty extensively and am currently still in the process of doing so (no consistent access to game, etc). It isn't that lower-percent kills are more likely to lead to Star/Screen KOs, it's that KOing after a certain KB threshold will 100% yield a Blast KO (all indications point to a threshold, still need a few more tests to confirm).

When I get some more time to grind I can give some results and associated confidence intervals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom