• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standard Movesets for Customs Zelda

Do you prefer Zelda's defaults moves over her custom moves?

• Total voters
Hey guys, I was looking around the forums and saw nothing about Zelda's custom moves or even cool custom movesets! (Probably because I'm blind) So, I figured that we may as well make a post discussing her various moves, movesets, and applications. Feel free to post any singles specific and doubles specific sets, but be sure to specify. Hopefully if we can compile all of our knowledge here, we can establish the most universal and useful movesets Zelda can have, and turn it into a guide for all to see.

Referencing frame data shouldn't be difficult at all since BJN39 has already compiled most of it, so if you need it here is the link: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-great-fairy-fountain-ii-zelda-data-research.370698/ Thanks BJN! :^)

With that, I'll start off with a set I've taken a liking to: 1213. A moveset made especially for those pesky fast character match ups that we struggle with.

1213 (SINGLES)

Nuetral B: It's the one we all love and recognize, so why wouldn't we have it?

Side-B: It's SO much faster than the default and hits for consistent damage all while traveling almost the entire stage. However you do miss out on edge-guards, vertical manipulation of the projectile, landing traps, and a lot of off stage pressure.

Up-B: I saw no reason to change it for faster characters, because it would only limit her KO options.

Down-B: An awesome move against fast characters! It fully charges in half the time of the default and removes the blind spot that the other Down-B's have, making it a great anti-approach tool! The only issue is that you lose the KO potential with this move and you lose a lot of range when compared to the others.

In-Summary
Pros:
Faster projectile to space and add pressure.
Phantom Strike gives a better anti-approach tool for Zelda.

Cons:
A lot of offstage pressure is lost since Din's flare cannot be aimed vertically.
Phantom strike loses the ability to KO and it loses a lot of range compared to the other two.

Last edited:
Hi gurl !

There's this thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-zelda.380372/

but I'm not sure it's actually where we're supposed to discuss custom moves, lol. As for custom movesets I have not dabbled much with her new moves but I think that the most versatile moveset for Zelda is the one you just listed.
Oh lol thanks for the link!!

Thanks again lol Should I just delete the post then?

Top Bottom