• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stalling item drops

ThisIsIt

Smash Rookie
if you know that your tome or sword is about to drop/break you can spam blank spells (forward b or down b) or from the fire spell to dark spell. once you stop inputing the button all the items will come one by one after each other AS LONG AS YOU ARE STANDING STILL (no input at all).

note: last levin sword atk can not be an aerial.

try this: use two thorons, charge up the third, use up your levin sword, immediately switch to 4 nosferatus and then all of the arc fires, and finally release the last thoran. DO NOT press anything afterwards. all 4 items will be discarded in the same row.

This could potentially be used to set up traps and especially when your opponents returning with invicibility frames. its pretty neat.

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
First impression is this doesn't seem like a good idea. Can you grab more than one of them anyway? The toss isn't going to represent a significant threat and the cost is losing multiple tomes and LS. Maybe you can elaborate on the usage you have in mind?

ThisIsIt

Smash Rookie
stalling them doesn't affect their recovery time.

say your opponent is recovering from off the stage, you can have two simutaneous books falling one after another to interfere with his recovery. kind of like how diddy drops his banana's in brawl.

im just sharing what i find, i thought it was interesting, sorry if its not helpful.

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
stalling them doesn't affect their recovery time.

say your opponent is recovering from off the stage, you can have two simutaneous books falling one after another to interfere with his recovery. kind of like how diddy drops his banana's in brawl.

im just sharing what i find, i thought it was interesting, sorry if its not helpful.
True, the discovery is pretty cool and the more knowledge the better. Thanks for sharing! I'm just not sure how we can use this one yet.

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
Woah you could catch up to two. What does that even mean. Do you throw both of them at once, or can you throw them one at a time. I think I am confused.

ThisIsIt

Smash Rookie
aerial catch then throw, then catch the second one before they dissapear

Last edited:

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
For a name you can just call it Tome/Discard Stalling/Buffering tbh. Better simple and descriptive than fancy like Boomworming/Librarying.

Thoron+ consumes a tome in one use and seems like a prime candidate for this tactic. You can afford to waste Nosferatu at the beginning of a match so perhaps waste 3 Nosferatus, then use last Nosferatu + Thoron+ and double book throw for insane damage. Nosferatu (+its customs) and Levin are really the only attacks worth wasting for this tactic. If you have enough pressure then perhaps Wind Tome with Jab. Speed Thunder and Firewall are also great thanks to their speed.

I actually think this trick is most valuable as an edge-guard just like Diddy's bananas mentioned. Completely safe way to pressure and potentially kill enemies recovering near the ledge.

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Interesting (if it works the way I'm thinking not near my 3DS at the moment) I'm about to see what I can do with this vs some characters! Interesting find good stuff! ZSS armor piece play incoming

Last edited:

unsung-unit2291

Smash Cadet
Not that this should ever be relevant, but if you stall long enough to go through two identical tombs, only one will get thrown.

Top Bottom