• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stagnant Shuriken

Plague_2

Smash Rookie
I feel like this move has not been researched deeply enough. I find it massively valuable in certain matchups like Captain Falcon and - get this - after about an hour in the lab today, I found out it's useful for a *roughly* true combo from 0-70% plus a free followup.

For those curious about the combo, it's StS (Stagnant Shuriken) into footstool (gotta delay it a bit so they don't get knocked into the stagnant shuriken again) into dair for a jab reset. Then, instead of stalling yourself in midair like normal shurikens (which StS doesn't work for, unfortunately, due to extra lag) just land next to them, StS, then repeat. It works until they no longer get jab reset by dair, which gets me to about 70% on DDD in Training mode.

Note that this can also combo into utilt shenanigans, and may be a better alternative than the standard nair > footstool combos to get that sweet 0-death. The combo can perhaps be broken out of by SDI, but there is no way to "truly" escape it because you can just position yourself to follow their SDI.

Top Bottom