• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
I've picked up Donkey Kong just a couple weeks ago, tomorrow I will be going to a tournament. Here is the stage list for the event.

2 bans per player for singles

Neutrals

Town and City
Battlefield
Final Destination

Counter-picks
Battleship Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft
Delfino
Pilot Wings
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Omega FD is a CP but if FD is banned then Omega FD is also banned

So yeah, It's the KTAR XI ruleset. Anyways I don't own a Wii U so I've been doing all my DK practice on 3DS stages. I'm familiar with the Wii U stages since I have been playing on a Wii U once a week, but a far as DK goes I only know that Lylat Cruise is good for some match-ups.

TL;DR: What of these stages should a DK main ban/pick in tournament? Against which Characters? Discuss.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
I wouldn't want to fight anybody that has good projectiles on FD. So vs characters like Megaman, Lucario(hard to approach if you lose momentum when he's at high % because of Side B and Neutral B), Sheik, the Links. Rushdown characters are hard on FD like Shiek, Zss, Sonic. Battlefield is a great stage for DK imo and so is Town and City.

KullaN_xo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0584-6923
I wouldn't want to fight anybody that has good projectiles on FD. So vs characters like Megaman, Lucario(hard to approach if you lose momentum when he's at high % because of Side B and Neutral B), Sheik, the Links. Rushdown characters are hard on FD like Shiek, Zss, Sonic. Battlefield is a great stage for DK imo and so is Town and City.
Yeah, some play on For Glory definitely show's that. I feel like battlefield would be best to go to for the first match since you have the platforms to mix up your landings a bit more then you would in town and city. What of CP's though?

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Yeah, some play on For Glory definitely show's that. I feel like battlefield would be best to go to for the first match since you have the platforms to mix up your landings a bit more then you would in town and city. What of CP's though?
Out of the CP's I would choose, Delfino, Halberd, and Kongo. Kind of odd that they wouldn't include SmashVille though

Top Bottom