• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages to Avoid when playing against a GW?

Gea

Smash Master
I'm not really looking for strategies per se (since I will be the Game and Watch) I just want to know what stage Fox will avoid. I assume final destination, since if by chance he does he grabbed there's the (really slow) chainthrow. Besides there.... mute? Stadium? Que?

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
Really? I usually have no trouble when playing against a Game & Watch, since there are few GW players in my area.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
A Fox wouldn't mind whatever stage he plays on. One of GW's best stages is FD and eventhough he can CG Fox there, Fox can still spam him.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Yeah, Green Greens or Dreamland 64. They both have really high ceilings and he'll have more difficulty vertically KOing you there.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Final destination because Mr.Game and watch can chain throw fox and there r no platforms to disrupt it on that stage,Only way out of chain throwing is DI or if the opponent screw up

shadydentist

Smash Lord
FoD tends to work well for GaW. The shifting platforms gives him a lot of options. That, and its a lot easier to sweetspot on this stage, because it has a really low bottom.

Oh, and I would avoid FD if possible. The ceiling is too low, and having a large open space actually benefits Fox more, regardless of the chaingrab.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
i think i would avoid DL64 and DK64 as a fox player both because of the high ceilings.
and i would probably choos YS as a counter pick cause of the lowe bottom and low ceiling.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will show you at HOST 2 gea ^_^.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Mute city is a good place to take G&W since his up+B requires him to either land on the stage and opens himself to landing lag, or to miss the platform and die/take more dmg.

takieddine

Smash Master
Yeah, Green Greens or Dreamland 64. They both have really high ceilings and he'll have more difficulty vertically KOing you there.

You crazy, fox usmash is stupid strong there...

I think DL64 is a good fox counter stage(having one of the highest ceilings)...

Mute City is a pretty good one also.

Never tried Brinstar(low ceiling, but theres acid), but you may have luck with it..

and if tournaments really allowed i'd also vote for flatzone...lol

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
I would seriously choose Dreamland for the high ceiling and FoD because the platforms on that stage can be awkward for Fox.

Krahman

Smash Rookie
Battlefields ledges are really gay for G&W. If I play G&W I ALWAYS go to PS. You gotta avoid Onett, the stage where you fight G&W when you unlock him and mushroom kingdom 2. His annoying shine won't show mercy.

Top Bottom