• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages should come with a "Reduced Hazard" version in the next Smash Bros

Would you like future SSB games to have "reduced hazard" versions of stages?

• No, not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I would play these versions often for many stages.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • If they had this, I would never ever play the regular versions (of stages with hazards).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric-Gecko

Smash Cadet
Making all those "Omega stages" must have been a huge wast of time for the devs in Smash 4, as we sure didn't remotely need 42 or 55 clones of Final Destination.

What would be useful is to have a "Reduced Hazard" version of most stages. Many stage hazards would be weakened or removed in these versions.

All AI enemies that come with the stage would be removed (Dark Emperor from Find Mii, Flying Men in Magicant, Metal Face in Guar Plain, Yellow Devil in Wily Castle).
Other hazards would be weakened or sometimes removed (King Bulblin's bomb would be weaker in Bridge of Eldin, the laser cannons removed from Halbert, Lava/Acid would move slower and cover less of the stage at it's peak in Noirfair & Brinstar, no rain in Distant Planet).
Breakable/collapsing floors would break and fall more slowly and be less common (the floor in Green Hill Zone will rarely if ever collapse, the bottom platform in Skyworld is semi-soft when the surface is broken), and floor space will never be able to shrink too much in any stage of this version.
While we're at it, might as well also reduce the speed of scrolling and transforming stages (scrolling stages would scroll at ≈40% speed, transforming stages like Castle Siege have more time between transformations).

I have Super Smash Bros for 3DS and there's hardly any stages that I like. Most seem to have built-in enemies that are just a distraction from my real opponents. This ruins many potentially good stages for me. But then I don't like flat stages (like the 42 "Omega" stages) because I like the tactics that come from platforms. They barely had this in Brawl (my only other Smash game), and when they did it was done too conservatively for me to care (such as Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City).

I feel like these "reduced hazard" stages would be popular once people discover what they are. It would also give many stages tournament-legal status.

Additionally, there could also be "Fixed" versions of some stages that can be unlocked by playing the regular version. They would have zero moving parts, and scrolling/transforming stages would have multiple fixed versions.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Im voting for the non existent indifferent option. I would likely play them with stage hazards as much as without them.

But I agree the option should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom