• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stages rosalina can safely travel under

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I wanted to make a quick list of stages that rosalina can travel under from ledge to ledge. So far Battlefield and Final Destination are possible, but FD is much harder. I want to mostly collect info on which omega stages she can travel under safely.

If you're someone who doesn't really consider this sort of thing as useful, I'd like to inform you Rosalina can travel to either ledge from directly under Battlefield and FD, meaning you can choose which ledge you recover on, and your opponent can't.

So, I'll format this properly later when I get on my computer, but tentative list so far:

Final Destination. Battlefield. Omega Brinstar.
Omega Prism Tower. Omega Gaur Planes. Omega Battlefield.
Omega Jungle Japes. Omega Rainbow Road.

If you're having a hard time doing it, the key is using your straight up UpB on the slope, hit UpB and then hold backwards but not too quickly or it'll B reversal. If it's angled forward, you did it wrong. She moves straight up and slightly backwards from her facing position.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just tested this out and essentially, the only Omega stages it won't work on are the ones where the cliff stretches all the way past the bottom blast zone. Any other Omega stage is really easy to do it on.

Also, you don't actually have to do the straight Launch Star unless you're on Final Destination. On Battlefield, or any of the Omega stages where the trick works, just hold Up after you use Launch Star. It's safer.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just so that people are aware, this is done with the standard Launch Star. Launch Star Plus can't be angled, while Launch Star Attack has a shorter travel distance, and can't travel backwards.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just so that people are aware, this is done with the standard Launch Star. Launch Star Plus can't be angled, while Launch Star Attack has a shorter travel distance, and can't travel backwards.
Launch Star Plus will still work though, except on FD. The angle on it is the same angle I used in all of my tests, and it worked.

I would also like to add that the trick works on Pac-Maze (not the Omega version though) and Prism Tower (except at the starting area, since it's a walk off).

On some other stages, you can do it across SOME of the stage, but not all of it. Magicant is an example. You can come from the outer platforms of the stage and reach the opposite side of the main platform, but you can't go from the far right of the right platform and make it all the way across to the left platform. Gaur Plains has a similar case on it's underside.

You can also do it on the second section of Reset Bomb Forest. However, if your destination is the far right-bottom platform, coming from the far left, you actually have to go through the platform, since it has no grab-able ledges.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Just tested this out and essentially, the only Omega stages it won't work on are the ones where the cliff stretches all the way past the bottom blast zone. Any other Omega stage is really easy to do it
There were a couple I couldn't make it across, only one I can remember was Omega Mute City, did you make it under that one?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Yeah, I made it under that one no problem.
Oh, yep, cool. Just did it, wasn't going low enough. I might throw some videos up of a couple stages, which would you say are the hardest? I'd guess like, FD and battlefield.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FD = Hardest. The stage's collision is deceptively long. You have to be careful not to bump your head off the bottom on your double jump, or you're almost guaranteed to fail. Also, you absolutely have to use the straight up angle by holding back after inputting Up B. This is annoying to do on 3DS, but should be easier on Wii U.

Battlefield = Medium. It's not that much harder than the rest of the stages. But the stage collision does reach down farther than most. I've also found that using the straight Up B like on Final Destination rarely works, as Rosalina will get stuck for a brief second before sliding up the side, cutting her recovery short. So just keep holding up for this one, it is the best option in most circumstances. This all applies to Omega Battlefield too.

Easy = Every Omega stage it's possible on (except Omega Battlefield), being any Omega stage that doesn't have it's cliffs stretch past the blast zones. While the shapes can vary slightly, using the exact same method as Battlefield applies, except the window is even more generous since they are not as long vertically. You can even get the straight Up B to work just fine, meaning you effectively have different options for going under the stage. You could stay relatively high up and just hold up, or you could fall around the magnifying glass and blast up to the ledge by pulling back and going straight up.

Easiest = Pac-Maze, Brinstar, and Prism Tower. Basically the same as above, except EVEN MORE generous. The main bottom platforms are thin, and can be passed through from below. So essentially, you could jump off the left most side of these stages, make your way under a little, use a horizontally oriented Up B, and phase through part of the platform (but not go above it enough to land on your feet). Then, you'll be approaching the right most edge from it's left while being "inside" the platform itself, and due to ledge snapping, you'll grab the ledge despite approaching from it's exact left.

Only thing about these stages is the hazards. Pac-Maze's ghosts will actually wander under the stage sometimes (though this is actually helpful if at low damage, as it give you another use of your recovery). Also Pac-Maze's bottom blast zone is abnormally close to the stage. You'll basically be doing everything from within the magnifying glass, so don't fall too far down.

Brinstar has the acid that rises, so watch out for that.

Prism Tower starts off as a walk off, and will return to that state at points, so you obviously cannot perform the trick then. And when the platform does start flying, it's length changes at points. This isn't a real issue at all, you just have to be mindful of it.

Others = Magicant, Reset Bomb Forest, Gaur Plain. On these stages, you can't really use the trick in that straight forward of a manner (e.g. dropping from the far left ledge and maneuvering to the far right ledge). However, you can still use it, like at certain points of the stages cycle (Reset Bomb Forest), or you can use it across only a certain part of the stage (Gaur Plain, Magicant), rather than being able to go the whole way.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad You're awesome man, super comprehensive and detailed. Good write up, now I kinda wish you were the person who made the topic.

Top Bottom