• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages freeze on startup

KnockedDown

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble playing Wuhu Island and Corneria in Project M Ex 2.0 Stage Expansion version. When I select either one of them or tbeir alt stages, they freeze at startup. I only got Wuhu Island to work twice in versus mode while Corneria hasn't. They only seem to work in Training Mode.

I'm using the USB Config Loader with an AxNextFrame hookup. I tried redownloading the build and even reformated my 32 gb sd card. No dice. I also noticed that the config loader occasionally freezes at it's splash screen and once at the project m strap screen. What gives?

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
Yup,that's your best bet.

I think that the creator uploaded a 2.0 that doesn't have modified stages/stage expansion tho
Yeah, there is an uploaded version that hasn't touched the stages.

Actually, a couple hours ago I actually decided to reformat my sd card and give that specific version a go, and surprisingly it went off without a hitch. So, maybe you could try that version? Can't promise it'll work though, it's just my personal experience.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I still don't know why people are having issues, I've tested the stages on my reformatted 2GB SD card with my newest build through hackless. Everything works 100% with the random freeze here and there, but nothing specific.

Could be a file size issue honestly. With Dolphin, i've learned that most of the freezes and issues I encountered where because my build was getting too close to 2GB to the point some stuff wouldn't load at all.

As a test, I'd recommend reformatting the card, reinstall the build, and test. Still issues? Try deleting the custom songs and see if stuff loads. If so, it's a filesize issue. If your using a 4GB or more, than just reformat and try again. Either way, I have managed 2.0 and my newest build on my Wii perfectly fine with both a 2GB through hackless and 4GB with homebrew.

EDIT: Just saw the USBLoader part, I don't know anything about that so this may or may not work for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom