• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages for TL

AznGamer405

Smash Cadet
I personally like to go Rumble Falls.

The platforms and overall size of the stage are nice to aid Tink's game.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Really depends on the match-up, and your playstyle.
Axe for example loves using YL on small stages, Armada is camp happy and prefers large ones.

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
One of my friends mains Sonic and I usually try to go to Warioware or Battlefield against him. You'll definitely want stages with platforms to hide under versus rushdown characters.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
On BF and stages with similar height platforms, you can Tech-Chase on there with things like WLing on it, Charge Up-B and slide backwards off to drag them with you, and get a free re-grab mid-stage.
It's my fave thing to do... because it leads/comes from my other favorite thing, which is the whole broken D-throw > U-tilt > D-throw > F-tilt > D-throw > etc chains.
So sexy.

B.W.

Smash Champion
WarioWare is an amazing stage for T.Link. especially if you're a campy ****** like me.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
On BF and stages with similar height platforms, you can Tech-Chase on there with things like WLing on it, Charge Up-B and slide backwards off to drag them with you, and get a free re-grab mid-stage.
It's my fave thing to do... because it leads/comes from my other favorite thing, which is the whole broken D-throw > U-tilt > D-throw > F-tilt > D-throw > etc chains.
So sexy.
i didn't know he had a chain like that... and how's the first thing work? i kinda do something similar with a charged up-B. you can sorta do something like fortress hogging. problem is of course it requires the charged version.

on topic. platforms are Tink's friend (or my friend anyway) i prefer drac's castle to green hill zone but will go to either for a little wall jump boost. stages like dreamland with large blast radius are good because i kinda have more time to pull bombs for bomb jumps (something i'm still working on doing better)

Edit: how could i forget warioware and yoshi's story?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
The chain worked better when he had the most BROKEN GRAB IN THE GAME in 2.1. Still good and all though.
The Up-B you can just press it and slide off, it'll drag the opponent off the platform and complete nullify any lag on the end of the move, since you just fall and land, while leaving them falling in hit-stun. It's consistent in 2.6 as well, unlike the GRAB OF BROKEN TERROR.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
imma goin to FAU with a friend tomorrow, project m will be there. wish me luck because i will try this ( if i can, i lose too many matches trying to pull off something specific)

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
so in order to make something of this doublepost, my picks for Tink stages in no particular order and my experience with them

pokemon stadium - this one people complain because some transformations halt the game, which for a certain someone with a healing taunt could be what you need, naturally don't be stupid and use it if they have a chance to reach you, but pulling it out will definately incite most people (especially quicker players, be careful) to come over. during the cliff transformation, you can sit there with bombs from the top or the bottom and harass with the priority of your Uair and Dair. the various platforms of other transformations let toonlink run away from threats and play safe when you need to

fountain of dreams - good for alot of things, the moving platforms lead to some interesting shenanigans and combos. again you'll find use in running around, and the height of the stage will spell death for many fast fallers while the wall will only aid your recovery, be wary of the ceiling height though.
pokemon stadium two, same benefits as one, but more stable, you can hop between the two platforms and harass from the skies, something Tink is very good at (or maybe that's just me)

dreamland 64- pick this stage for survival, really, if you've got his recovery down, you WILL NOT DIE sadly though, everybody survives on this stage, and most of Tink's kills are off the top of the stage, so your other options are gimps, a solid Fair, or for the flashy, fire spike

green hill zone - it may be scary to be so close to your opponent, but you have plenty of room to throw projectiles and a platform to aid you in that sense, the wall only helps your recovery and far horizontal blastzones are a big plus.

smashville - this one is just all around neutral really. if your not sure where to go, it's a comfortable fallback.

Last edited:

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
I love smashville for him, gives a large area to be campy with and I find that he does not benefit from platforms like most characters do.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing a fairly general consensus on liked stages. What about least favorite stages with Toon Link? I hate playing on Metal Cavern with him. The slants in the floor are awful for a lot of his stuff I find; his grab, arrows, and boomerang all get hindered by the layout.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Definitely depends on the matchup. However, I find it hard to maneuver on lylat and warioware; toon link definitely needs his maneuverability.

Last edited:

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
Against players who can't deal with projectiles such as my friend who mains ganon i wrecked him on FD. You can place a bomb on the ground in front of you and cut off most of his approaches. When playing a campy toon link you gotta choose the stage that will let you control the most space while having good escape options. I like Green hill and Sky loft

D

Deleted member

Toonlink does good on nearly every legal stage. IMO Toonlinks counterpicks are less dependent on what toonlink is bad on, and instead more of what his opponent is bad on. Toonlink is good on Yoshis Story and Dreamland 64, but if he's playing vs a marth he is obviously going to go to Dreamland 64.

Top Bottom