• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stagelist

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Trying to come up with a good stagelist for Brawl. So far I have this...

STARTER
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island
COUNTERPICK
  • Castle Seige
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium
Any thoughts / comments / problems?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You're from Canada? Where in Canada? If you're in Southern Ontario I can help you become a part of our competitive scene

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
You're from Canada? Where in Canada? If you're in Southern Ontario I can help you become a part of our competitive scene
I'm hoping for BC.

Rockland, Ontario.
If you'd like, I can play online with you, because I'd really love to actually be told if I'm good or not, I actually have no idea, none of my friends play very well.
Would love to join a competitive scene, if I wasn't 13 (almost 14, shut up, I'm not dumb because I'm young) with really overprotective parents -_-
Well, if I am good, which I don't know.
Speaking of which, is there such a thing as an Online competitive seen? Would love to join that.

There must be an odd number of starters for the stage-striking process. Also, what do you have against lylatt?
I knew I was forgetting something. I edited it, thanks. Would an even number of stages result in having all stages striked? That would be pretty funny.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there needs to be an odd number so that bot players get the same number of strikes and there is one left over.

And what you have right now is APEX 2014 + Delfino (Or SKTAR 2 + Halberd & Delfino). Those stages are unique in that they allow for sharking. Some will make the argument that having two stages with sharking is not balanced, because it guarantees that a metaknight can go to a sharking stage game 2 which might give metaknight players a guaranteed win.

In the end, if you're running a tournament it's all up to what you think is fair. Some people think that giving MK a guaranteed sharking stage is more unbalanced than other people do. You can also experiment with what are counterpicks/starters. Mikehaze had a ruleset that I liked that was just 7 starters: FD, SV, BF, LC, YI, PS1, and CS. I like that one because it leads to a lot of stage diversity; you aren't seeing the same stages over and over.

I think that the APEX 2014 ruleset is probably one of, if not the most balanced right now. It strikes a nice balance between number of stages and the advantages it gives characters.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Rockland, Ontario.
If you'd like, I can play online with you, because I'd really love to actually be told if I'm good or not, I actually have no idea, none of my friends play very well.
Would love to join a competitive scene, if I wasn't 13 (almost 14, shut up, I'm not dumb because I'm young) with really overprotective parents -_-
Well, if I am good, which I don't know.
Speaking of which, is there such a thing as an Online competitive seen? Would love to join that.

I knew I was forgetting something. I edited it, thanks. Would an even number of stages result in having all stages striked? That would be pretty funny.
Damn...that's pretty far. Pretty much Ontario's entire competitive (offline) scene is in Toronto/GTA (Greater Toronto Area), and seeing as how you're 13 and it's a 4 hour drive on the highway..................yeeeeaaaahhhh I don't see that happening, as much as I hate to admit it :(
Also don't worry about being young, that's not the issue. It's mostly that you're so far away, but also having overprotective parents is also quite an issue I guess. Also ftr I'm not going to assume you're dumb just because of your age.
Sorry, I don't play online (I can't stand Wifi personally) but a bunch of other people from down here do, and they're good too. I can give you their names; Toronto Joe, Meekspeedy, Blacktwins, Poke are the main ones but there are lots more. If you're looking to play online though, AllisBrawl is generally a better website for that.

Yes there are online competitive scenes but since they're online they're not as strictly geographically defined, if that makes sense. ie there isn't much of a competitive Southern Ontario Wifi scene, it's more of a competitive Canada/NA scene.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Damn...that's pretty far. Pretty much Ontario's entire competitive (offline) scene is in Toronto/GTA (Greater Toronto Area), and seeing as how you're 13 and it's a 4 hour drive on the highway..................yeeeeaaaahhhh I don't see that happening, as much as I hate to admit it :(
Also don't worry about being young, that's not the issue. It's mostly that you're so far away, but also having overprotective parents is also quite an issue I guess. Also ftr I'm not going to assume you're dumb just because of your age.
Sorry, I don't play online (I can't stand Wifi personally) but a bunch of other good people from down here do, and they're good too. I can give you their names; Toronto Joe, Meekspeedy, Blacktwins, Poke are the main ones but there are lots more. If you're looking to play online though, AllisBrawl is generally a better website for that.

Yes there are online competitive scenes but since they're online they're not as strictly geographically defined, if that makes sense. ie there isn't much of a competitive Southern Ontario Wifi scene, it's more of a competitive Canada/NA scene.
Oh, all right thanks.

Yeah, there needs to be an odd number so that bot players get the same number of strikes and there is one left over.
How would stage striking work with 3 or 5 stages?
112221 is for seven.
1221 for five and 12 for three?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Also yes. Also stage bans happen after the first game. People can't, say, strike two stages and then ban one to get effectively get an extra strike.

Alright, thanks.
So after a game, the winner bans a stage, and the loser picks a non-banned CP or Starter?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Specifically after game 1, it goes.

1)Winner bans a stage
2)Loser chooses a counterpick stage
3)Winner chooses character
4)Loser chooses character

Top Bottom