• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stagelist discussion - TKBreezy's Tourney Pack

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I've already seen some people adopting the new tourney pack stagelist in my area, so I thought I'd start some discussion on it.

Starters:
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland
The only big "no" for Mewtwo on the starter list in my opinion is GHZ. Medium ceiling, close blast zones, one variable platform, not a good fit for him at all. The other stages are all workable for him in some manner, allowing you to prioritize your second strike based on the matchup.

Counterpicks:
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Warioware
  • Final Destination
  • Norfair v3.5
  • Yoshi's Story
The CP list is slightly less kind to Mewtwo, but still decent. Yoshi's Island only has the one platform, but it's a decent size stage and the low ceiling is great for Mewtwo. Warioware and FD are both weaker stages for him - I'd use my second strike on one of these, with the choice dependent on the matchup at hand. Norfair 3.5 feels fairly strong for Mewtwo - low ceiling, medium stage size and blast zone distance, dynamic movement options with the moving platforms. It's basically a smaller Dracula's Castle. Yoshi's Story is small, but easily the least bad of the small stages for Mewtwo due to the stage layout.

I was going to talk about the page 2 stages as well, but it looks like they've since decided to stick to just one page of tourney-legal stages.

Your thoughts?

Master Raven

Smash Master
No FoD is great because I think that stage is ****ty for Mewtwo.

I actually think M2 is really strong on this list. Just autoban GHZ and Warioware every time since he's good everywhere else (although I personally dislike Yoshi's Island but that's just me). I really hope Norfair is universally legal next patch cuz that stage looks tight.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Question, why is Final Destination not a good stage for Mewtwo? It's so easy to lure opponents off stage, gimp them or straight up hit them towards the blast zone, and recover back.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
FD reduces mobility since you don't have any platforms to work with. Mewtwo's platform game is also pretty good, especially considering the ridiculous coverage of utilt and uair. It's okay for certain matchups, but moreso in the sense that it's less bad for you than anything else.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Oddly enough I really like FD vs Link, since his projectiles have limited range (unless he's doing charged arrows, but he's not going to do that except for gimping you offstage anyway) so you have more room to run away.

Top Bottom