• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Select background

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
i was wanting to change the background to the stage select screen. that worked but there seems to be a black object/shape/image inbetween the background image and thumbs of the stages that prevents you from seeing the background pic very well. how do i get rid of that?

DRGN

Technowizard
General overview: Just like how character files have material and object structures, the object you're seeing probably does too. However DTW's Structural Analysis tab doesn't see them because the SSS file structure is different from character files, and uses a top-down approach for analysis. So what you'd have to do is find the object manually (by looking up structures and following pointers in the file, using a hex editor), and then blank it out by either getting rid of the texure if it has one, or more likely, making the object transparent via the method in the Advanced Costume Hacks thread.

OmnipotentSpoon

Smash Cadet
So do you mean the grid, or the weird writing? The file for that is MnSlMap.usd, if you look at the spoiler in this post the background thing is at offset 6D250 in the file, and if you zero the transparency values (3E 99 99 9A -> 00 00 00 00) it'll be transparent. The grid is at 6D2F0 if you want that gone too. If this isn't what you're asking let me know.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
pic 1 shows you what i have. there you see the blackness thats stopping you from being able to see clearly the image behind it..
i think i found the file. however i can't do as you do for skin textures n go to the structural analysis tab, im just stuck with the properties tab in DTW to change things/values. i tried changing the values of transparency control to 00000000 and it froze the game... i tried exporting the pic/file and replacing it with a transparent copy and then i got a whitish thing on the screen as shown in pic 2

Attachments

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
So do you mean the grid, or the weird writing? The file for that is MnSlMap.usd, if you look at the spoiler in this post the background thing is at offset 6D250 in the file, and if you zero the transparency values (3E 99 99 9A -> 00 00 00 00) it'll be transparent. The grid is at 6D2F0 if you want that gone too. If this isn't what you're asking let me know.
whats up?

Top Bottom