• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Which of theses stages need to be redesigned or polished?

• Total voters

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
There are some counterpick stages that are really controversial when I bring them. Up there are some stages that are just not good or just have little things that annoy some people. Here are the ones that get a lot of **** from some of the people I talk to.
Note: These are not my complaints but just some of the complaints I hear the most when trying to counterpick these stages.
Lylat Cruise: Background extremely distracting, ledges still suck.
Halberd: The ledges while flying, FIRIN MAH LASER!
Skyworld: Too big, side blastzones are too far.
Skyloft: Very campy the stage, platforms are too high, too wide as well.
Distant Planet: Problems with the lighting of the stage. Hard to see sometimes.
These are the stages I see complained about the most. PM has a lot of good stages so I really could care less but I just wanted to hear other peoples' thoughts on certain stages.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Only thing I don't like about lylat, aside from the edges, is some of the bright stuff from the background. I can live with it, but if it could be changed in some way or shape, I'd like that.

I think halberd needs to be redone. They could just pick a form that it uses and stick with that as well.

The fire emblem stage, castle siege, the only thing that needs to be done to that stage, is they need to make it so it stays with the first transformation. If it did, it would be PERF.

Skyloft is just wack. The right platform is pretty close to the ceiling, the stairs and some of the other crap are annoying to deal with. I would much rather use a design similar to the smash 4 one.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
There are some counterpick stages that are really controversial when I bring them. Up there are some stages that are just not good or just have little things that annoy some people. Here are the ones that get a lot of **** from some of the people I talk to.
Note: These are not my complaints but just some of the complaints I hear the most when trying to counterpick these stages.
Lylat Cruise: Background extremely distracting, ledges still suck.
Halberd: The ledges while flying, FIRIN MAH LASER!
Skyworld: Too big, side blastzones are too far.
Skyloft: Very campy the stage, platforms are too high, too wide as well.
Distant Planet: Problems with the lighting of the stage. Hard to see sometimes.
These are the stages I see complained about the most. PM has a lot of good stages so I really could care less but I just wanted to hear other peoples' thoughts on certain stages.
Skyloft and Skyworld are fine. My least favorite stage is probably Green Hill Zone. It may fall under the category of a perfect "competitive" stage, but aesthetic and gameplay wise, it's just too boring.

I also don't really like Norfair. Yes it has a unique, interesting platform layout, but I just don't find it any fun to play on.

shapular

Smash Ace
I don't think there's anything wrong with any of those stages. I think it's good to have some variety instead of just having FD, SV, and 12 variations of Battlefield. Lylat's ledges are still better than Melee Battlefield's and Brawl players have learned how to deal with them, though I wouldn't mind if they put a small slope under them. Halberd's stage hazards are super easy to avoid and at worst they might stall the match for five seconds, less than Pokemon Stadium. Castle Siege's bad transformation was already removed, so now you have one unique, interesting layout and a tilting FD. I wouldn't mind if the stage was frozen, though, as long as we could agree to make it a starter to replace DL64 or FD or something.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I don't think there's anything wrong with any of those stages. I think it's good to have some variety instead of just having FD, SV, and 12 variations of Battlefield. Lylat's ledges are still better than Melee Battlefield's and Brawl players have learned how to deal with them, though I wouldn't mind if they put a small slope under them. Halberd's stage hazards are super easy to avoid and at worst they might stall the match for five seconds, less than Pokemon Stadium. Castle Siege's bad transformation was already removed, so now you have one unique, interesting layout and a tilting FD. I wouldn't mind if the stage was frozen, though, as long as we could agree to make it a starter to replace DL64 or FD or something.
I agree. There are only a few stages I have issues with. These are just general complaints I hear sometimes.

yamham63

Smash Rookie
NNID
YamHam
But if we can fix the ledges or remove hazards, why not? We have nothing to lose and plenty to gain. Also the main issue with Castle Siege right now is the transition sequence.

Top Bottom