• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion Thread #5[Smashville]

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Smashville​

Summary
A short summary about how G&W performs on the stage and any particularly useful techniques/tactics on the stage. Also highlight a general strategy for this stage.
Rating
1-10
Character
List any characters that does really well or really bad on this stage, to alert you of which stages to ban or counterpick. An explanation would also be nice.

GoGoGo!

Splice

Smash Hero
Don't use this stage against Mario. :(

Use this stage against characters that you need space to beat, such as Marth etc. This stages size and it's moving platform help GaW gain space and avoid being to pressured by certain characters, yet he can still zone/pressure characters like Diddy and Olimar... not that this is a CP stage for either of the two. But because of GaWs mobility, he can take full advantage of the distance from opponent available on this stage when needed.

Not really much else interesting about this stage...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only character I wouldn't take here is Snake really since the platform helps him more than it helps you. Otherwise there isn't much to complain about.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Summary
I think this is a pretty good stage for GaW. U-Air and N-Air can juggle quite well because of the platform. The low-ish? ceiling means U-Smash and D-Smash and even D-Air will kill a lot faster. Because of the lip, GaW's will almost never kill themselves by screwing up their Up-B (unlike in FD) yet stage spiking (with Up-B and B-Air) is the same like other stages. D-Throw can also meteor smash at the ledge if performed correctly.

As long as you're not playing a super spacy? character like Marth, controlling the space comes almost instantly. Some of GaW's "difficult" MUs are slightly easier to take on in this stage than most.

I feel a bit ridiculous emphasizing so much on the single moving platform but that's the main thing this stage has. It brings the combos and breaks most camps.

Rating
7/10

Character
Just don't CP this against Snake because C4 or N-Air through the platform is a killer. This stage isn't that big which means a surprise U-Tilt can lead to a quick kill (especially because it goes through the platform) and there isn't that much room to bucket brake. His camping, sadly isn't broken by the platform. This stage helps him more than you. :(

Most MK's will take full advantage of this stage by hopping off the platform into F-Airs or D-Airs and Shuttle Loop will also be a surprise killer because as I've said, its not that big. Also, the platform helps them U-Air -> Tornado. MK controls platforms better than GaW and even though there's only one, GaWs still need to be careful.

Marth is also annoying for basically the same reasons as Snake. Good Marths will control the space better than most GaW because of his larger range. From my experience anyway.

Toon Link is okay to take on, on this stage because the platform gives him a harder time camping and fall through platform -> D-Air works almost every time since its a TL players instinct to run away and camp rather than melee.

Top Bottom