• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Builder on Stage Select screen

Draken Stark

Smash Rookie
Why is this feature missing? Is there an easy way to add Stage Builder made stages back to the Stage Selection screens?

Ginge

Smash Ace
Not in Project M, no. A good portion of the people who play Project M use the Stage Builder exploit to load up Project M in the first place. And that requires not having any Stage Builder stages on the SD card or the Wii itself. Since putting in Stage Builder stages would make it impossible to load up Project M for these people, there's no point in selecting from Stage Builder stages for Vs Mode.

Draken Stark

Smash Rookie
I'd never heard of that method. Only riivolution and gecko apps via the homebrew channel or stand alone channels themselves. I personally use Riivolution to play Project M. Would be really nice to play my own levels with Project M. I guess I'll have to try to dissect the stages and stage menu to have them revert back to defaults.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Maybe see if anyone in the Customized Content area have asked about it / know how to fix it?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It was removed for the reasons stated (the Stage Builder exploit allows the "hackless" loading method, which is the one primarily supported by the PMBR), and it's never coming back for those same reasons.

Draken Stark

Smash Rookie
Indeed I am. I've put a lot of effort into some modded stage builder levels. I feel they're done well enough that it's hard to play the game without being able to play on them. I'd be lying if I didn't also mention some personal attachment as well.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Loading stage builder stages is technically possible with Project M 3.0, now that files are stored in /projectm/st while P:M is running. It avoids the conflict with the stage builder exploit used to load it. (Try running Stage Builder from inside Project M - it works now.)
Custom stages are still prevented from showing up on the stage select, though. I removed the relevant code from my GCT to make them come back, and it worked - but the select screen is ugly as heck. The "PAGE 1" button is even too small and in the wrong place! Hopefully they fix this soon; in the meantime, I might do this myself for the next PMCE release.

MaxThunder

PM Support
i tested and while projectm does indeed load the stages from the projectm folder you still can't select them on the stage selection screen...

Draken Stark

Smash Rookie
I just loaded up Project M and the Stage Builder stages I have still load up just fine. I'm also using Riivolution though.
Either way, it seems that the Stage Builder may return in the next update to Project M, but not for anyone using the hackless method.
There's even a little modded file here that allows access to the Stage Builder level selection page.
Thanks to Tybis for making this available.
http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-builder-maps.344606/

Top Bottom