• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder - Now better than ever!

Btw am I the only one hyped for the danger zones? With them you could place underneath a "floating" final destination like stage a safe barrier against camping underneath the stage(maybe some characters could do it)

With sharing, is it confirmed to be used in competitive play?
Box stage + circle of danger zone in the middle= craziness

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm so glad they went out of their way to improve Stage Builder mode. I really liked the concept of it in Brawl, but I thought the execution was lacking. It was still a fun addition though, and this looks to be a vastly superior version. Just the ability to draw stages alone opens up so many possibilities.

Though I do have to wonder about one thing. From what we've seen so far, there are a few extra features you can add to stages such as moving platforms, magma, and cannons. This is quite a bit like how the Brawl Stage Builder let you place moving platforms, spikes, ice, wheels, springs, and ladders. Though, as it is now, the Brawl Stage Builder had more options in that category, while the new one is a bit lacking. Do we think we've seen all of Stage Builder, or are portions of it not yet unlocked like in Brawl?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm so glad they went out of their way to improve Stage Builder mode. I really liked the concept of it in Brawl, but I thought the execution was lacking. It was still a fun addition though, and this looks to be a vastly superior version. Just the ability to draw stages alone opens up so many possibilities.

Though I do have to wonder about one thing. From what we've seen so far, there are a few extra features you can add to stages such as moving platforms, magma, and cannons. This is quite a bit like how the Brawl Stage Builder let you place moving platforms, spikes, ice, wheels, springs, and ladders. Though, as it is now, the Brawl Stage Builder had more options in that category, while the new one is a bit lacking. Do we think we've seen all of Stage Builder, or are portions of it not yet unlocked like in Brawl?
Most likely, i mean i don't think they would be able to show all features straight off the bat.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I'm making Fallen Destination, a completely flat stage with walkoffs. It's called that because FD fell to Earth I guess?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

Didn't you have to unlock all of the extra stage pieces in brawl though? I'm going to assume that most of the extra stuff like theme specific platforms and other kinds of hazards are just unlockable or are not in the currently shown off build of Smash Bros Wii U.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I will probably make at least 1 stage for each of the 5 backdrop options.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I gonna make stage like in project M! or even one for casual, Fun and BOX Matches:troll:.

But in reality we need a spawn point like, what place were going to spawn instead of a random location.

Not many people here in this thread talk about about. but. but. THE MUSIC!!! There alredy 400+ confirmed on the Wii U version.

MAN the music I gonna choose is gonna take hours! and hours. and hours... to choose.

Im really blow away by the stage builder and that what I call a update! Is really unexpected and amazing.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbj46ApX380

A deeper look into Stage Builder. Ability to turn off ledges? Check.
Change the pattern or material you're building with? Check.
Silhouette of Mario to scale?
Check.
Distinction between how far the camera sees and the blast zone?
Double Check.
Sheer epicness of this mode?
Beyond comparability.

Last edited:

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
A little disappointed that there's still only 3 sizes to pick from... oh well, everything else is a huge upgrade and still looks like I'll have a great time making stages :)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Blows the Brawl stage builder out of the water, I have to say!

I had some fun in the Brawl stage builder... This offers way more customizability. Obviously you can't reproduce some things from other stages (disappearing, reappearing platforms is not a thing) but the options let you make a lot of stages that are neutral while allowing a ton of variety.

And then of course you can make all kinds of zany stages too.

Very interested to find out what other things you can add besides danger zones and cannons.

TheCrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4417-3634
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbj46ApX380

A deeper look into Stage Builder. Ability to turn off ledges? Check.
Change the pattern or material you're building with? Check.
Silhouette of Mario to scale?
Check.
Distinction between how far the camera sees and the blast zone?
Double Check.
Sheer epicness of this mode?
Beyond comparability.
Holy **** this is beautiful. I don't know how I can wait another month. Stop it nintendo.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
This is what I always wanted, but...

Can it do 8-player? If someone found out if it can, please tell me...

Shog

Smash Ace
The Rayquaza picture made me realize two things:

First: We can make soo amazing stages I am still hyped(The Hype train never ends!)
Second: Why can't I draw T___T I had so much art in my schooltime and still can't do ****

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I'm still going to re-create the stage I made back in brawl where it was a complete box, spiked all at the top, two spikes at the bottom center, with ice to slip into them, and the only way to KO was to launch your opponent through a tiny hole in the top.

But after that, I have plans on making a space station, inside a volcano, etc. (I ADORE the ability to now make walk-off stages!!!!!!!!) This is gonna be so fun. My creative side will be unleashed in all of its glory!

Last edited:
The Rayquaza picture made me realize two things:

First: We can make soo amazing stages I am still hyped(The Hype train never ends!)
Second: Why can't I draw T___T I had so much art in my schooltime and still can't do ****
Well, intead of drawing, you can just mark the points of the edges to create a rough version of your stage.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It would be nice if you could at least insert the stage hazards appearing in the other stages, like Yellow Devil or Fourside's lava.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Can you make a stage with only danger zones and no safe place to stand so it's like playable character pinball till someone is flung off the screen?

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
As soon as I get the game i'll recreate The Great Cave Offensive, and share it. A stage so large you can't camp in it? Fine by me.

Last edited:

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I'll make a place only playable in Tiny Smash that'll be a HUGE castle (due to the small size of the people) and will have various rooms and traps. I smell DIY adventure mode?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm gonna do so much.

Recreate my favourite levels from various games. Whomps Fortress, Clock Town, EVERYTHING
I'm going to have so much fun, its a shame they didn't use the backgrounds of the omega stages.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
With more monitoring from Nintendo, I feel updates will cease the Stage Builder Exploit, meaning no Project M or Brawl Minus, which I'm personally OK with; I want to enjoy this game for what it is.

What do you all think?

Shog

Smash Ace
With more monitoring from Nintendo, I feel updates will cease the Stage Builder Exploit, meaning no Project M or Brawl Minus, which I'm personally OK with; I want to enjoy this game for what it is.

What do you all think?
I repeat that what I said on various chats: You have equipment to "get your melee back". Get a punisher equipment for your dodging moves, get smooth lander, and finally put most of it as Speed Equipment.
That is what I like about Smash 4 btw. You can have as many options as you want!

And I am not such a huge fan of DLC, BUT: The more options, the better!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Here's my concept for Sky Pillar (my favorite location in pokemon history)
View attachment 28373
When I first saw this, my initial thought was "this would just be a pretty dull stage, really. I mean, it's not like you could really have Rayquaza there..."

Then it occurred to me that you really could draw Rayquaza into the stage, and with some proper texturing (if we have enough options for that), you could even make it look like Rayquaza. While I think it would take some work to get the stage looking the best it could while still being functional, the fact that this is even a possibility is very impressive.

Hey, when the game does come out, be sure to show us how that stage turns out. You've got a pretty cool concept there, and I'd love to see it realized. Maybe you could even put in falling blocks to truly replicate the Sky Pillar.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
When I first saw this, my initial thought was "this would just be a pretty dull stage, really. I mean, it's not like you could really have Rayquaza there..."

Then it occurred to me that you really could draw Rayquaza into the stage, and with some proper texturing (if we have enough options for that), you could even make it look like Rayquaza. While I think it would take some work to get the stage looking the best it could while still being functional, the fact that this is even a possibility is very impressive.

Hey, when the game does come out, be sure to show us how that stage turns out. You've got a pretty cool concept there, and I'd love to see it realized. Maybe you could even put in falling blocks to truly replicate the Sky Pillar.
Will do! And I'll reconsider how to work the falling blocks in there, that's a really good idea!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Will do! And I'll reconsider how to work the falling blocks in there, that's a really good idea!
Well, going by your original sketch, it looks like the majority of the pillar is just one big block with a cavern at the top. You could possibly hollow out some of the lower levels and have some falling blocks lead down there, possibly to death. Of course, this is all assuming the falling blocks return, as I don't believe they've been confirmed as of yet.

Top Bottom