• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder - Now better than ever!

I knew the Wii U GamePad would give us much more customization options, but when I saw Stage Builder in the Direct I was blown away! You can pretty much make whatever you want by drawing up your own stage!

What is everyone planning on making?

EDIT: Found a good IGN video detailing Stage Builder.

Last edited:

Mr G W

Smash Cadet
It surpassed by expectations by far.

I actually expected it to use the grid system but with more options. Being able to freely draw them is pure gold.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
IT LOOKS AMAZING. Just hopefully people don't make a million stages that are crudely drawn models of genitalia and turn the term Cave of Life into a double entendre

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Stuff like this makes me wish I was creative.

Time to fill the HDD with phallic battlefields.

Booster

Smash Lord
IT LOOKS AMAZING. Just hopefully people don't make a million stages that are crudely drawn models of genitalia and turn the term Cave of Life into a double entendre
;)

Don't worry...I'll make it if no one else does...

Anyways, I was really impressed with it

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Good thing Stage Creator is back, now I can play Box matches again!
boxstage.png

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
You could make some really cool crap, if inclined and artistically talented. Or make giant **** stages. So you really have the best of both worlds.

I now await the Luigi Death Stare stage, the sexy Rosalina stage, the Peach Panties stage and several others

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
This Stage Builder seriously exceeded my expectations. Check this out:

The blast zones are visible in the top picture... and walls were drawn past them. WALKOFF STAGES.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Stage builder is 10x better than it was before. Only complaint is limited amount of backgrounds.
Hopefully DLC can remedy that.

Could you imagine Nintendo going all out for DLC and having fan contests or votes for new stage background and other aesthetic stuff? Wouldn't that be nice

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy

It's exactly what I wanted!! I had two hopes: hand drawing stages and the ability to share with the world.

There's going to be an unlimited amount of stages to play with friends!

elmike

Smash Apprentice
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy

It's exactly what I wanted!! I had two hopes: hand drawing stages and the ability to share with the world.

There's going to be an unlimited amount of stages to play with friends!
Was it confirmed that you would be able to download stages from other (unknown) people? I didnt see that...

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Was it confirmed that you would be able to download stages from other (unknown) people? I didnt see that...
In fact, it's fact #51! :)

It won't be available immediately though... just like several other features in the Wii U version it seems.

edit: I guess its worded kind of vague... he says sharing pictures mii's stages etc with friends, and then "even posting online to share with the world."

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'd love it if by "creating stages on the GamePad" it means you can draw terrain using the gamepad. It'd make it much easier to recreate beloved stages like Hyrule Temple and things if you could actually map them out yourself instead of having to use just drag-and-drop blocks.

Either way, I'm hoping that since Stage Builder is a Wii U exclusive feature that it'll make the most of the hardware. Brawl SB was limited mostly thanks to the Wii's puny hardware, but the Wii U is more than capable of a great editor if the 3DS isn't holding it back.
Called it. :shades:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
**** confirmed as stage.
Just throwin' that out, it's the first stage I'm going to make for sure, maybe I'll try to draw my OC to fight on top of him :v

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
In b4 penis stage.

Stage builder does looks amazing though, there will be soo many awesome custom stages I can't wait. I guess the gamepad might be useful after all :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirst

This Stage Builder seriously exceeded my expectations. Check this out:

The blast zones are visible in the top picture... and walls were drawn past them. WALKOFF STAGES.
Now I can finally make an ant colony stage.
Hooray for stage builder actually being good now.

I can't even really talk about stage builder that much; it just makes me too damn happy to describe. I am going to spend hours in it. So happy.

Last edited:

Glottis

Smash Cadet
It looks great!
Though it would be cool if we could set pictures from our personal collections as backgrounds.
Think of all the cool settings you could recreate from other games.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
90% of the people who still go on Brawl's stage builder just go there to boot up Project M. :yeahboi:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
WE WILL MAKE OUR OWN NEUTRALS/COUNTER PICKS

I do wonder if stages can be used online this time.

Three things alone make this Stage Builder worlds better then the original:

Controlling the direction of movable platforms
Walk off stages
Damaging terrain

Just that would make Stage Builder leaps and bounds better then the original. The fact that we can draw the stage instead of using blocks makes it...just so...see, can't describe it. Too happy.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
It's really everything I wanted (besides water but no swimming in this game, so it's pointless). I love everything from drawing your own terrain to the animated backgrounds and the magma. I expect we will see some ladders and spikes and whatnot that will have to be unlocked as well.

Khao

Smash Lord
This is more than I ever wanted.

I mean, I sorta expected them to improve the **** out of it to make it more versatile, but this is just ****ing perfect, you can make a stage exactly like you want it in freaking seconds with this new system. The new hazards look great too, I'll abuse the heck out of the insta-KO-if-over-100% thingy (I really want to make a stage on which that's the only way to actually die).

There's only two things I wanted that are missing from it; a separate background layer where you can put anything you want just for looks, and custom placement of spawn points. But what we got is so freaking perfect that I can't even care.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
LittleBigSmash :p

Really happy about this though.

We can now make our own tourney legal stages with variety.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I knew the Wii U GamePad would give us much more customization options, but when I saw stage builder in the Direct I was blown away! You can pretty much make whatever you want by drawing up your own stage!

What is everyone planning on making?
PAPER MARIO STAGES!!!

Did you expected anything else honestly?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
PAPER MARIO STAGES!!!

Did you expected anything else honestly?
Everyone's in character here, D-idara is going to make a giant version of her OC as a stage

I'll probably tackle making Generator C, or maybe the Frigate Orpheon Exterior Docking Bay (both from Metroid).

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I'm loving this a lot too!

But, What if I suck at drawing? can i still just plop them down like in the original?

Also i wish you could maybe color the stages. like maybe i wanted blue grass in my stage instead?

the8thark

Smash Lord
I can't wait to be required to play a stage builder stage I've made for hours on end to farm music CDs, like in Brawl . . .

No wait . . . I don't miss that at all, but I think we'll all need to do it in SSB4 as well.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
For real though I cant wait to make my trademark gigantic boxed in stage lined with spikes and small platforms AND HAVE IT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO KO PEOPLE.

Top Bottom