• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Builder Backgrounds

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I've heard there are only three Stage Builer backgrounds...What gives? They should have had given the option of allowing you to choose from background from non-moving parts of stages like Battle Field, Pokemon Stadium 2, one part from Castle Siege, the Hangar of Battle Ship Halberd, Bridge of Eldin...I can go on forever.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The BGs is what really pisses me off about the stage builder. There's barely any aesthetic variety whatsoever. I mean, how hard is it to just make a static background? honestly.

Snoopfrogg

Smash Cadet
Does anyone on this website do anything but complain about a game they've never played?

dipic7

Smash Rookie
Not only that, but a simple option to change the color of blocks would have been nice... even a selection of only 4 different colors would have been ok! I didn't expect stage builder to be real complex or deep, but seriously, they could have given us a little more variety with the BG's and colors. All the stages look the same... dull grey... how boring.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
oh well, can you choose the things underneath the stage, like water or lava?
No, but you can place spikes wherever you want, you can also place ice blocks or falling blocks to have more variety.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Oh well, a stage editor is better than no stage editor.

Still, I get your point. Even if they didn't include the backgrounds from the other stages, they could have come up with new backgrounds. How hard can it be?

+ different colored blocks
+ a little more variety in the objects

My first statement still holds true though.

They'll fix it in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate-Super-Clash-Finale.

Edit: While they won't "look" the same, you can probably design the structure of any stage that didn't make it back into brawl with a little ingenuity.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I've heard there are only three Stage Builer backgrounds...What gives? They should have had given the option of allowing you to choose from background from non-moving parts of stages like Battle Field, Pokemon Stadium 2, one part from Castle Siege, the Hangar of Battle Ship Halberd, Bridge of Eldin...I can go on forever.
or any of the backgrounds from SSE. I'm not one to complain but Sakurai missed such simple things in stage builder. I mean how hard is it to cut and paste or rotate a stage builder piece 90%.

Still I won't say I'm not grateful, it's just sakurai's logic alludes me.

Mystery XIII

Smash Rookie
i would be more satisfied if there were at least some pieces similar to the ssb64 stages and if you could add water, lava etc. even the target test stages in ssb64 had some variety why not do some here?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I would have loved more backgrounds and different skins for stage builder parts, but it looks like my hopes for that are shot down.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
Not only that, but a simple option to change the color of blocks would have been nice... even a selection of only 4 different colors would have been ok! I didn't expect stage builder to be real complex or deep, but seriously, they could have given us a little more variety with the BG's and colors. All the stages look the same... dull grey... how boring.
I want to quick bring this to everyone's attention: Stage builder is new to smash brothers, and therefore is not going to be the most fantastic stage builder ever. If the Smash series continues you can expect additions, but for now, its untested and shouldn't be expected to have epic amounts of variety.

Anyone play tony hawk? When was it, exactly where you could start actually building stages. The third game, I believe? More over, how many background were there in Tony Hawk, a game where Backgrounds and Schemes were even LESS important, and therefore easier to actually create? I believe there were 3, maybe 5 at the most. Keep in mind that Tony Hawk was a game that almost REQUIRED variety for a good stage builder, and yet they kept perfecting it and adding more variety as the game progressed.

The possibilities for a stage builder in smash are untested, and this style of gameplay is not one you would imagine would have a stage builder (although I'd been praying for one since 64). Please, remember that variety comes in time, but in early stages it is difficult to add too much when it is an untested area of play.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i guess remaking classic 64 and melee stages, and levels from old nintendo games like dedede's boxing ring will have to be reincarnated some how..

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The stage builder in Tony Hawk was amazing the first time they did it. Even with the generic backgrounds and pieces, it was very fun. I think it will be the same in Brawl.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter! Brawl has a big *** team of varied game developers. It's not like they revolutionized anything with the Stage Builder. Not only are the backgrounds an issue, the terrible blocks are. You can't choose blocks that look like the ones off the Bridge of Eldin, or the nice Battle Field blocks. The fact that you can build so many stages though is great!

(I was looking forwards to making a Golden Sun stage with my fave GS music, but they added the crappy Felix Battle Theme).

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
They should have put in Warp points, kind of like the warp pipes in the Mario Bros. stage from SSB.

Zonic100

Smash Cadet
Maybe an update or download from Wiiconnect 24 that adds backgrounds/lets you use your own? :O

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
I think there are background specific parts e.g. ferris wheel on sky, conveyor belt on high tech. so it would take longer to make more backrounds...

hey at least we HAVE different backgrounds, so... i'm happy

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter! Brawl has a big *** team of varied game developers. It's not like they revolutionized anything with the Stage Builder. Not only are the backgrounds an issue, the terrible blocks are. You can't choose blocks that look like the ones off the Bridge of Eldin, or the nice Battle Field blocks. The fact that you can build so many stages though is great!

(I was looking forwards to making a Golden Sun stage with my fave GS music, but they added the crappy Felix Battle Theme).

Always something to complain about. If they gave us customizable characters you'd be saying "Why didn't they give us more swords to choose from! B.S.!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
They shoulda used the cafe background from that awesome SSBM stage... Hey waitaminute, that stage looked sorta like a custom stage....

STAGE CREATOR CONFIRMED FOR MELEE! :O:O:O

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
Atleast we have a stage builder. I tink there will be enough stuff to keep us happy! plus! the more you do the more you unlock so maybe a secret background by doing something with stage builder :O (That was just some wishing don't flame me on that)

Top Bottom