• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Staaaay Fresh! Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie for Smash DLC!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Just a fun thread I'm making for now. I'm well aware that we only have a month left before the ballot is closed. Just an interesting concept I had in mind.

Proposed Mechanic (Spoiler tag for spoilers)
While the Squid Sisters are capable of wielding weapons, being Agents 1 and 2 in Splatoon's story mode
I feel like the pair can have the opportunity to incorporate their dancing and singing into their movesets, like how Wii Fit Trainer uses yoga techniques and exercise for her movesets. Callie and Marie will be one character, but with the the ability and option to have the two switch to who is in the lead, or rather the lead dancer/singer. Not like a Zelda/Sheik transformation, as they will still have the same moves, but in a different order or different property. I am currently working on a moveset to accommodate for this, so stay tuned, I'll try to get to working on it! It'll help further explain.

Counterarguments

***A Duo Pair? Ice Climbers Much?***
Yes, Callie and Marie will work together, but not with the same mechanic as Ice Climbers, with separate AI. They're more like a advanced Duck Hunt, where there are two characters on the screen, but are launched together and can not be separated.

***Why Another Splatoon Character?***
We don't need more than the Inklings, that is true, but if they were to add another character, Callie and Marie can take the spot, being super popular characters from their game.
Squid Sister Supporters!
- Nintendotard

More to come soon! Until next time...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd expect these two to just be an assist trophy. But i wouldn't mind them as a playable. (Seeing as they'd probably either be a clone or a costume for the Inkling)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'd expect these two to just be an assist trophy. But i wouldn't mind them as a playable. (Seeing as they'd probably either be a clone or a costume for the Inkling)
Not so sure if they;d be a clone, although I'm all for a clone. If they could have the Koopalings be shorter than what they are, Callie and Marie could probably be made slightly shorter without being weird.

I'm working on the moveset this weekend when I'm not working guys!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think they could be different.

In the news broadcasts, Callie always goes on about her love of Rollers while Marie always goes on about taking Callie out with a Charger. If Inklings maintained the general Shooter, then these two could take those weapons.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

In the news broadcasts, Callie always goes on about her love of Rollers while Marie always goes on about taking Callie out with a Charger. If Inklings maintained the general Shooter, then these two could take those weapons.
And Cap'n Cuttlefish takes the Bamboozler.
I'll take it.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Something tells me if the Inklings were put it, they'd have them utilize all 5 classes in their movesets

Burruni

Smash Hero
As a 6th & 7th alt for Inklings (with Octoling as 8th), I'd like em, but nothing more.
3 Inkling Male
2 Inkling Female
Callie
Marie
Octoling

Top Bottom