• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE lag?

TomH

Smash Journeyman
I just tried to start up the SSE, but i couldnt even watch the opening video because it lagged so badly. the gameplay seemed to not have any lag. I have 3 copies here, so i guess ill try another one, i hope my disk isnt screwed up.

First impressions: gameplay is awesome, wtf @ lucus is fun? [i hated playing as ness in melee], and i <3 my newfound noobiness.

Geop

Smash Cadet
The internet's not the only thing that causes lag. My God of War II had laggy videos also, but after I wore the disc out a bit, it worked fine.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
so only my copy? and yeah, games can lag when they arent online, overbuffering or overdone graphics or whatever... I imagine its only my problem since no one else seems to have posted anything.

edit: just tried a different CD, didnt help. God **** it, it better not be my Wii.......

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you've read the other threads, but there's a connection to be made here.

Smash Bros Brawl is a dual layered disc, the first of it's kind for the Wii, making it more sensitive to disc read errors (you'll typically especially have trouble with the cinematics, as gameplay caches to the RAM whereas the videos don't so much).

It's not a flaw in the way the game was designed, unless you would consider the dual layer disc a flaw (better than two discs, "Insert disco two to play as Wolf!"). It may be a flaw of the Wii's for getting dirty so easily, but Nintendo is offering to clean them for free.

Either way, it sucks the big one.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
Your laser is dirty and so it isn't reading the game correctly. That is why it is screwy, I'm sure.

Top Bottom