• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSE in PMEX Finally Figured Out!

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

SuperSmasherFan here, and recently I was able to get SSE working with PMEX builds! If your unaware, PMEX and Subspace is somewhat of a disaster. It crashes profusely and loads infinitely anytime you have to fight an evil fighter.

Remember these?

How 'bout now?

What skills should I know beforehand?
-How to add/remove codes to/from a .GCT-

I will not cover this, you can find dozens of tutorials elsewhere.
And thats it, its super easy.....

Since SSE was so broken for PMEX, a common remedy is a code builds use that would send you to training mode if you try to enter it.

No more!
At the bottom of this post, I have provided a download with the files you need to add to your SD card! You will also need to remove the code that redirects you to training mode, and you will need to add a code made by JOJI. His site can be found here, as he has asked for his codes to not be distributed outside his site.

Known issues:
-The mode may still crash from time to time. If it does, please report it to me with as much detail as possible. This is still under testing on Wii, it's hard play testing a 10 hour mode multiple times! Dolphin however, is confimered to work!

-Floows for some reason can crash Wii, but not Dolphin?

-If you have Z-Alts in your build, than Peach will crash in The Great Maze. This is because Peach's Z-Alts require an FitPeachDarkEntry.pac file to be playable in Versus, but in the SSE she drops from the sky to fight you, so she doesn't use her entry file.

-Falco sometimes instantly dies for some absurd reason. Stupid bird…

Best ways to troubleshoot a potential crash:

• For some reason, my character is silent and is lacking proper sound effects. Once I die and the game goes to spawn me back in, the game freezes.
-This is most likely a missing .SAWND file from one of the enemies within the level. Please report which level you were playing at that moment.
  • The game hangs after a cutscene ends. Sometimes it lets me select my character before it hangs, other times it doesn't.
-This is a missing menu .BRRES. Please report which cutscene it occurred at.
  • The game loads infinitely before a battle against a fake cloned character occurs.
-You likely forgot add either the code from JOJI or the offending characters extra skins.

Enough's enough, here you go!
If you add this to your build, make sure to credit JOJI!

This was my first attempt at a tutorial of any kind. If I forgot/messed anything or if could add anything to this, please tell me. Thanks and enjoy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom