• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBWU/3DS Ganondorf Wizard's Foot Ledge Cancel Edgeguard

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
I was messing around with Ganondorf, seeing if I could find anything new. I'm well aware that his down special can be cancelled by the ledge if positioned correctly, but I never thought of using it as a quick edgeguard. After the down special cancels, you're able to do one of several choices out of it, such as an aerial, up special (to edgeguard as well) or even as a mindgame on someone with a side special back toward them.

Here's an example of a down special edgeguard:

The positioning in Final Destination to perform this is around halfway between the very center and the end of that light circle in the center. Feel free to experiment with this and try it out! I hope you've enjoyed reading my findings.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
I was messing around with Ganondorf, seeing if I could find anything new. I'm well aware that his down special can be cancelled by the ledge if positioned correctly, but I never thought of using it as a quick edgeguard. After the down special cancels, you're able to do one of several choices out of it, such as an aerial, up special (to edgeguard as well) or even as a mindgame on someone with a side special back toward them.

Here's an example of a down special edgeguard:

The positioning in Final Destination to perform this is around halfway between the very center and the end of that light circle in the center. Feel free to experiment with this and try it out! I hope you've enjoyed reading my findings.

This is a very common usage of the Wizkick Cancel technique but props for thinking of it on your own. I just watched better Ganons use it, that's how I learned to do it.

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
How do you perform Wizkick Cancel?
If you down-B so that right when the end lag animation (where Ganondorf skids to a stop or does a flip in midair) happens, you cross over the edge, neither animation will play and you can act extremely fast out of down-B. Great for long range edge trumps, unexpected edge guards, or spacing shenanigans onstage.

HmwkLater

Smash Rookie
Thank you! will try it out and hopefully incorporate into my plays haha. Sounds really useful

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I just checked it: it's two rolls. When you stand on the very ledge and you roll back twice, you have the distance to wizkick cancel.

Top Bottom