• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBU--Online mode & Spirit mode

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
I have some question. I'm think i can be only one who don't know.
So I write these questions.

!. Can we play Squad strike mode in online mode not wired lan mode?
2. How many spirits or which franchaise of spirit will be available?
3. How will all characters can be unlocked?
4. Can we play 8-player smash with spirit mode?
5. Can we do every single battle in tourney mode to use all characters with my family or just select one character anf fight through multiple coms to make to top?

I really want to know the answers. So I searched many web to get.
Now I'm posting these questions here.
If anyone know any answers, I really want to hear.

LunaCyclone

Smash Rookie
I don't think anyone knows these answers, but from the look of the story mode - that'll be the way we'll unlock everyone, like the subspace emissary. I can't image we'll have to unlock just under 70 fighters by just playing certain amounts of matches. It would be like melee Mewtwo all over again.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone knows these answers, but from the look of the story mode - that'll be the way we'll unlock everyone, like the subspace emissary. I can't image we'll have to unlock just under 70 fighters by just playing certain amounts of matches. It would be like melee Mewtwo all over again.
Thanks for answer.
Do you know about question 5?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
For question 5, you can’t change characters once the tourney has begun, unless you want to make it 64 players and play the other characters in the bracket. If you want to play as multiple fighters, then just do Squad Strike or Smashdown.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
For question 5, you can’t change characters once the tourney has begun, unless you want to make it 64 players and play the other characters in the bracket. If you want to play as multiple fighters, then just do Squad Strike or Smashdown.
So I mean, I want divide all charcters 74 with my friend making 37 characters for each team. And start tourney to see who's team make to top.
So, I want to play all battle in tourney with my friend not com. Will this be available?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
So I mean, I want divide all charcters 74 with my friend making 37 characters for each team. And start tourney to see who's team make to top.
So, I want to play all battle in tourney with my friend not com. Will this be available?
It’s definitely possible, but there won’t be enough slots in the bracket for all the characters. You also don’t need that many controllers; you can rotate between them after each match assuming you’ll be switching characters as well.

Last edited:

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
It’s definitely possible, but there won’t be enough slots in the bracket for all the characters. You also don’t need that many controllers; you can rotate between them after each match assuming you’ll be switching characters as well.
So with two remote with my friends, can I play all battle of tourney to use all characters participating the tourney without com?

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
So with two remote with my friends, can I play all battle of tourney to use all characters participating the tourney without com?
I don’t know about setting up the number of controllers, but that does seem possible.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Orlando BCN Orlando BCN

Thanks!!!

If you know the answer of question 1,2,3 and 4, let me know.
And I don't know whether I can be helpful or not, but I will try to answer of you have a question.

Last edited:

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Orlando BCN Orlando BCN
Okay.

Sorry for keep asking, but do you know about this:

I have three pairs of joy cons.
Two of left joy-con's control sticks are drifting to left!!
Is there anyways to solve the problem?

It's really hard to play with this joy-cons!

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Orlando BCN Orlando BCN
Okay.

Sorry for keep asking, but do you know about this:

I have three pairs of joy cons.
Two of left joy-con's control sticks are drifting to left!!
Is there anyways to solve the problem?

It's really hard to play with this joy-cons!
I don’t have a Switch myself, so I can’t really say much other than wiggling the joystick to loosen the bearing or calibrate it. If the issue persists, you might need to contact Nintendo support and send the Joy-Cons over for repairs, or you can return them and get a new pair.

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
I don’t have a Switch myself, so I can’t really say much other than wiggling the joystick to loosen the bearing or calibrate it. If the issue persists, you might need to contact Nintendo support and send the Joy-Cons over for repairs, or you can return them and get a new pair.
Okay. Thanks!!

Top Bottom