• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Tutorials Presents: How to Team Combo

Ever wonder how Armada and Android manage to consistently do their long Zero to Death combos? The increasing popularity of the doubles format has caused an increase in competitiveness. To keep up, players have been searching for static partners to train and improve with together. Notable examples include PewPewU and Sfat, as well as the famous Team UGS.

Now, Kira from SSBM Tutorials brings us this useful video about the doubles metagame, explaining the importance of synergy, positioning and teamwork. Check it out!

Alberto "RedNova" Vásquez

Comments

As far as teams I would like to see. I think Hungrybox and Darkrain would be an awesome combo. Both players seem to be able to read minds and in my opinion :falconmelee: and :jigglypuffmelee: are the most exciting characters to watch. I feel that these two would be able to pull of some sick team combos!

Okay so how relevant is this to SSB4? I'd like advice for that instead of melee lol.
Wow, good for you. Idk if you noticed but a whole lot of people play Melee. Smash 4 isn't more important.

Anyway, the fundamentals of doubles are actually really similar between the games, the main difference is that it is easier to hold onto stocks in Smash 4 so I'd assume that ending stocks offstage becomes more important and less risky.

I'd love to see Kage and Scar or Kage and the retired Bizzaro flame on a team. I think that'd be really fun to watch.

Wow, good for you. Idk if you noticed but a whole lot of people play Melee. Smash 4 isn't more important.

Anyway, the fundamentals of doubles are actually really similar between the games, the main difference is that it is easier to hold onto stocks in Smash 4 so I'd assume that ending stocks offstage becomes more important and less risky.
...You do not know how big the Melee community is, do you?
A lot of people play it. A LOT.
I wasn't trying to say any one game is more important than the other. I was more asking how the things in this video could possibly relate to smash 4 as well (if at all possible).

I wasn't trying to say any one game is more important than the other. I was more asking how the things in this video could possibly relate to smash 4 as well (if at all possible).
I never got the vibe that you were saying Smash 4 was more important than Melee. Unfortunately alot of players in the Smash community feel that their game is more important than all of the rest and will give you crap when you talk about your favorite version of the game. That's just the way it is :/

I never got the vibe that you were saying Smash 4 was more important than Melee. Unfortunately alot of players in the Smash community feel that their game is more important than all of the rest and will give you crap when you talk about your favorite version of the game. That's just the way it is :/
Nah it's fine. I know some players are touchy and perhaps I worded my sentences wrong. I have that problem sometimes. It sounds better in my head lol.

Nah it's fine. I know some players are touchy and perhaps I worded my sentences wrong. I have that problem sometimes. It sounds better in my head lol.
To try and answer your question though. I don't play Melee or doubles for that matter but I don't see why any of this wouldn't apply to Smash 64, Brawl, or Smash 4 as well. (Except for the weaker character ledge hogging) Obviously that wouldn't apply in Smash 4. Take to the lab and practice with a buddy to find out. The basic principles of each game are the same.

Top Bottom