• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Tutorials - Dr. Mario Down-Aerial Approach

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZR_CKz8fU

This video was just uploaded on the great SSBM Tutorial channel (presented by Kira) and figured it was worthwhile enough for a discussion.

I admit I'd never considered dair as an approach aerial, preferring uair and nair (and a forward-moving reverse bair if I ever get around to doing it consistently). Kira mentioned comboing a FH dair into a uair which I'd sometimes done but from an up-throw but not as an approach.

Thoughts or ideas? Any other handy suggestions for Docs down-air?

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I was actually going to post this last night but I was too tired and forgot XD

I've actually been using dair as an approach but I would always short hop it and I would try to land behind if they decided to shield.
I actually really like the full hop dair especially because you can wave dash after it. If we have the SHBAWD then this would be FLDAWD.
The thing that intrigued me the most, because i haven't considered it before, was timing the full hop dair so that way when you land you have no lag... for some reason I never considered that. That is really good shield pressure and something that I need to check out in the lab. Obligatory song
Also the fair after dair I thought was only a mario thing so I kind of just forgot about it.

Kune

Smash Rookie
so i've been messing around with doc in melee at tournaments since he feels close enough to pm mario to play serious-ish with.
D-air is my jam. It's good for disrespectfull edgeguards on bad spacies, dair reverse up-air is tasty-looking

Top Bottom