• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Stage Tier List

CheetoKing69

Smash Rookie
S

Fountain of Dreams

A

Pokemon Stadium

Poke Floats

Rainbow Cruise

Mute City

Yoshi’s Story

Final Destination

Battlefield

B

Corneria

Dream Land

Kongo Jungle

Brinstar

Mushroom Kingdom II

Jungle Japes

C

Green Greens

Yoshi’s Island

Kongo Jungle 64

Princess Peach’s Castle

Yoshi’s Story 64

Mushroom Kingdom

Great Bay

D

Flat Zone

Big Blue

Venom

Onett

Brinstar Depths

Fourside

E

Temple

Icicle Mountain

Last edited:

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Yeah if a game on temple didn't take roughly 45 minutes and everyone didn't live until 386% every stock. Placing temple in S tier? Now what? Are you going to blow up a hospital or something?
I guess so... How long a match takes on temple is a part of the fun for me.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Final Destination and Battlefield are top tier in my book and the rest of the legal stages are high tiers. I ain't even thinking about the remaining 80% of stages.

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
I would argue Mute City is better than E, more like C imho. I also would lower Fourside. I'm pretty agreeable to the list in general though. I think FoD is really under utilized as people seem to opt for DL or BF instead. But how can you put DL in B tier with that god tier music?

CheetoKing69

Smash Rookie
I would argue Mute City is better than E, more like C imho. I also would lower Fourside. I'm pretty agreeable to the list in general though. I think FoD is really under utilized as people seem to opt for DL or BF instead. But how can you put DL in B tier with that god tier music?
I agree mute city is better, but the person i was working on with this list had a specific hatred for it because of the cars. dreamland is a terrible stage. the blast zones are completely unnecessarily huge and the wind is intrusive. the platforms are too high from the main platform to allow for combo potential.

PS is easily the worst legal stage right now.
wrong.

Final Destination and Battlefield are top tier in my book and the rest of the legal stages are high tiers. I ain't even thinking about the remaining 80% of stages.
i'm sorry to hear that.

edit: edited the list.

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I'm so confused by this thread. Are we basing this tier list off of opinion or what?

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
I agree Stadium is the worst legal stage. Like it's not even a conversation. That's why it's only a counter-pick and not a starter.
In most of Mute City's transformations you can see the cars coming. At the very least it's obvious where you can be to avoid the cars during each transformation (similar to Brinstar).
I don't agree saying DL is terrible. Yes "the wind is intrusive" is true to a very small degree just like Shy Guys are intrusive on Yoshi's Story. It's still less of an issue than Rock and Fire transformations on Stadium.I think Dream Land's size is good. You take the 3 three-platform legal stages, Yoshi's, Battlefield, and Dream Land and you have a small, a medium, and a large stage and I personally think that's good variety.
So here's my tier list:

S+
Battlefield
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

S-
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land N64

A+
Pokémon Stadium

A-
Kongo Jungle N64
Corneria
Mute City
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle
Princess Peach's Castle
Green Greens
Jungle Japes

B
Rainbow Cruise
Poké Floats

C
Mushroom Kingdom II
Great Bay
Yoshi's Island
Onett
Yoshi's Island N64
Temple
Venom

D
Big Blue
Brinstar Depths
Mushroom Kingdom
Fourside
Icicle Mountain
Flat Zone

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
i'm sure those 11000 posts of yours propelled you to melee fame. good thing you spent so much time on the forums.
I enjoy helping others. I've been PR'd in NC and taken out ranked players in several states. I don't care about fame. Have fun drowning in pools :denzel:

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
i'm sure those 11000 posts of yours propelled you to melee fame. good thing you spent so much time on the forums.

nope, basing it off what's best.
Dude comments on your forum that PS is the worst legal stage. A valid opinion on the topic of your post and you reply "wrong" and then when he asks you for an explanation you just attack the dude for no reason some more. BTW PS is definitely the worst legal stage right now. -ACE- makes a comment, doesn't attack your opinion at all then you make fun of him bc he's posted a lot on a forum he's been a part of for a decade. If you just wanna yell at guys about smash bros opinions just go back to reddit. Kappa

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
In terms of legality, any stage with hazards that physically have knockback/increase the player's percent are not competitively viable. That's why I think the stage striking/counter picking system works great as it is.

Top Bottom