• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM 1V1 Tournament - April 28, 2007 - Virginia

DarkJim007

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

Intense Tournament Gaming will be hosting a SSBM 1v1 Tournament on Saturday, April 28, 2007, in Culpeper Virginia at the George Washington Carver School.

The tournament rules are posted on our site, www.halo2.vabb.com.

***FIRST PRIZE FOR THE WINNER IS A NINTENDO WII.***

Tournament is double elimination as well. If you have any questions, please email us at the address on the website.

Thanks and we hope to see you there!!!!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
That's quite early for a tournament. First prize is a Wii? Will they actually have it at the site to pick up after the 1v1 tourney finishes?

Would you please post some more details? We need to know:

- How many setups are provided on site. If we need to bring cubes, tv's, copies of Smash.
- How many people the location can support.
- Actual address of location. We shouldn't have to google a school to find its address.
- Prizes for 2nd/3rd/etc?
- Entrance fees. Is it $5 for singles? $10? $15? Does it depend on the number of people who arrive? What should we expect to pay out to enter the tourney?
- Who's rules do we follow? MLG?
- Whether this place is credible. I'm looking at a minimum info thread on a tourney for a fairly major prize - all from a person who made their account and first post/thread today.

Thanks!

DarkJim007

Smash Rookie
I believe we are fairly credible. This will be our 4th tournament in Culpeper, VA, but the first time we have done SSBM. We have held 3 successful Halo 2 Tournaments in the past.

To answer your questions, YES, first prize is a Wii and it will be available to be taken home that day! We always have the prizes available to give out once the tournament has completed.

We will have about 8 Stations of Smash going, so we probably don't need any more Cubes and such...PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! If you have room and its not too much trouble, please bring your equipment. More stations are always helpful!

The location can support 300 people easily. Its a very big convention room with a cafeteria.

The actual address is on the website I provided you. Please look for, "DIRECTIONS TO THE EVENT" link at the bottom of the page.

-Yes, there will be a second and third prize. Prizes are still TBD at this point. Keep checking the site!

-Entrance fee will be $10 for the 1v1 Tournament.

-Rules will somewhat be based on MLG but the rules are posted on the website that I gave you. They are still in the works.

-The reason this is my first post is because I have never visited Smashboards and was suggested to it by my buddy. He told me to post the tournament on here ASAP so we can get lots of people to attend.

-Please keep checking the site! It will continue to be updated!

Here is the most recent story in the local paper about our tournament!

http://www.starexponent.com/servlet...e/CSE_MGArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149193590565

Thanks again!!!!

Top Bottom