• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Singles Tournament - Tracy, CA Saturday May 10th

grandeur

Smash Rookie
Hey there! The tournament will be held at:

RG Internet Outpost
2207 N Tracy Blvd
Tracy, CA 95376

SATURDAY MAY 10TH, 2008

Doors will open at 12PM, and the tournament will begin NO LATER THAN 1:30PM

If you're up for bringing a wii I am always down for having a few more stations, so just send me a PM if you plan on attending and will also bring a tv/wii! Currently we will have four guaranteed stations.

Also, please bring your own controller, if you do not then you will be stuck with terrible generic controllers and we will only have two of them, so be sure to bring your own!!!

General Rules:
3 Stock
6 Minute Time Limit
Best two out of three advances
Double Elimination
$5 entry fee
NO ITEMS
It will be best three of five in Loser and Winner Bracket finals, as well as the championship

Prize money thus far is looking something like this:

1st-$50
2nd-$30
3rd-$20
4th-$10
5th-$5

First place will be a MINIMUM of $50, prize money will increase depending upon attendance

Stages:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick

Luigi'sMansion
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd

COUNTERPICKING
Player that puts his controller in first should chose his character first
Either player has the right to request a double blind character selection
First stage is agreed upon or selected randomly from the Neutral Stage list
The loser of a game may select a stage from the Neutral OR Counterpick stage lists as long as it is not a stage that has been previously played on in the set or a stage that was banned by either player at the beginning of the set
The winner may select a new character and the loser may select a new character after the winner does

There are a few choices for food within close proximity of the area that the tournament is being played, and snacks are also offered by the venue!

Please let me know if I left anything out!

Hope to see you there! (Thank you Rofa, I used a chunk of your rules, they were very clear and concise)

grandeur

Smash Rookie
Thanks for coming everyone! Results are as follows!

1st - WISE
2nd - KIRA
3rd - ZELDUCK
4th - IDYM
5th - RIG

Top Bottom