• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB pitiful comparisons to Super Star

Uridon

Smash Rookie
I bought Kirby super star Ultra for the nintendo ds and I must say there are Many MANY similarities between it and SSBB the Subspace Emissary and so forth. I find this to be really pathetic(even though Kirby Superstar rulez), a lack of creativity which helped make Subspace boring in my opinion, and I simply hate it. If there is already another topic like this, then it's good I'm not the only on who noticed this.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Yes, definitely. The subspace emissary does indeed bear close resemblance to many other kirby games. But, what can you expect? There obviously will be some resemblance between both of the games, because they both have the same creator.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
How is that a bad thing? If every game was like Kirby Superstar, I'd be a happy bunny.

^___^

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How is that a bad thing? If every game was like Kirby Superstar, I'd be a happy bunny.
lol, what you said, but I don't know if vipers can be happy. O_o

Anyways, the most reason why people are mad at the SSE is that it doesn't have that many Nintendo foes as reguler foes or bosses. And since most Kirby Super Star bosses you can attack just about anywere, it made it easy for some chracters. But that's just my point of view.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, they are very similar. In fact, first thing I thought when I played co-op SSE was that it reeked of Kirby Superstar (And I do NOT mean that in a bad way!).

Also, the Great Maze is pretty much the "Great Cave Offensive". You even have the same cart ride passages from certain areas to another.

Personally, I didn't find this to be a problem though. Actually, I thought it worked out better this way than if they'd tried to make another 'adventure mode'...

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
Down throw with suplex=Down throw in Brawl =D Too bad it takes a long time to use in SSU.
They took out final cutter with sword though. Also Hammers a beast ability especially in the arenas

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Down throw with suplex=Down throw in Brawl =D Too bad it takes a long time to use in SSU.
They took out final cutter with sword though. Also Hammers a beast ability especially in the arenas
I haven't played Ultra, though I did play the original KSS, so I have a few questions:
-What do you mean by final cutter? Are you talking about what Kirby does as a Bup? If so, then sword never did that move. That's always been the last hit for when you used cutter at melee range.

Also, SSU?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Actually the double tap B with suplex is the down throw in Brawl and Melee (and for some reason Metaknight has it too.)

Final Cutter is done with cutter at close range, but in Brawl and Melee the extra slashes are removed (just as well, a bunch of people would be spamming it otherwise).

I haven't played Ultra, though I did play the original KSS, so I have a few questions:
-What do you mean by final cutter? Are you talking about what Kirby does as a Bup? If so, then sword never did that move. That's always been the last hit for when you used cutter at melee range.

Also, SSU?
SSU = Super Star Ultra, the Kirby Super Star remake for the Nintendo DS.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Final Cutter is done with cutter at close range, but in Brawl, Melee, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, and Kirby Squeak Squad the extra slashes are removed and done by a sword(just as well, a bunch of people would be spamming it otherwise).
See what I did there. :D

Top Bottom