• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Crew Tournament July 5

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
Me and my friends are hosting an online crew Brawl tournament July 5 for members of Gamespot and Smashboards.

What is a crew tournament?
This is a team tournament but this is not doubles. Instead each team will consist of four brawlers.

Info:
The tournament is a mix of 1v1 and 2v2. The two teams will start out with the 1v1 portion. It is elimination and you play until all four of your opposing team members are defeated. The second portion is the 2v2 and its the same thing, you play until both teams are eliminated. If the to portions are split (meaning that one team won the 1v1 and the other team won the 2v2) then both teams will choose one representative to fight a 5-stock 1v1 match on final destination to decide the match.

Rules:
ALL matches are to be with no items. These are the stages allowed:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Bridge of Eldin
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Shadow Moses Island
Temple
Jungle Japes
Onett
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2

The winner/s of each match gets to choose the next stage to play on. The 1v1 matches will be 5-stock and the 2v2 matches will be 7-stock.

The partner situation:
Your partner can be anyone you trust will lead you and your teammates to victory even your friends in your neighborhood. If you don't have a partner or enough people still sign up and a you will be placed with brawlers.

By the way the tourny will last the weekend, the first and second rounds will be played from 12 to 12 (central) I hope thats a big enough time zone. If your team does not sign in to compete in their match within that time they are DQ (no exceptions). The finishing rounds will proceed the following day.

Questions or want to critisize me
just e-mail me at tvnsimp035@aol.com

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...Sounds neat. I'll have to make a crew, though.

I think you need to be a bit more clear about how the crew battles actually work. Especially 2v2, as I'm really not sure how that would work. Also, team attack on/off?

Lastly, I have a suggestion for the stage list.

Replace these

Skyworld
Shadow Moses Island
Temple
Onett

With these

Halberd
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

I think the latter 4 stages will be generally more palatable than the former 4.

And now to assemble a crew...

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
I'm very interested. However, can I get some friends of mine ( from neither of the boards) to participate? If there's any crew I have it is an unofficial one I have with just my online Brawling pals.

Would they work? Or would they need to register first?

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
I'm very interested. However, can I get some friends of mine ( from neither of the boards) to participate? If there's any crew I have it is an unofficial one I have with just my online Brawling pals.

Would they work? Or would they need to register first?
that would work as long as I receive all their info.

my team consists of friends that live in my town

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
Hmm...Sounds neat. I'll have to make a crew, though.

I think you need to be a bit more clear about how the crew battles actually work. Especially 2v2, as I'm really not sure how that would work. Also, team attack on/off?

Lastly, I have a suggestion for the stage list.

Replace these

Skyworld
Shadow Moses Island
Temple
Onett

With these

Halberd
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

I think the latter 4 stages will be generally more palatable than the former 4.

And now to assemble a crew...
Okay when the 2v2 portion comes around, you split your team into two teams (which way you want it for the round) and then say you lose the first 2v2 match. now the first team is gone but you have your other team left and that team has to beat both of the teams without losing or your team will lose the 2v2 portion of the match.

about the stages:
I only chose neutral stages that won't have a huge effect on the outcome of the match. Example: on say New Port Aeiro drive your busy fighting and then all of a sudden the freakin cars come and own you, or on Spear Pillar (Which I hate with an extreme passion) when the stupid pokemon come out and do uber powerful attacks and kick the crap out of you. So stages that have hazards that will send you flying instead of the opponent doing it is not allowed or a stage that will give you damage. So I guess Onett is out of the picture but Rainbow Cruise can be put in.

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have a crew of like 16 People

Is it alright if we branch each other off into 3 different teams of 4?

If so the crew name is called the D-Bags

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'll sign my crew up possibly and do what you do GCubs.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Okay when the 2v2 portion comes around, you split your team into two teams (which way you want it for the round) and then say you lose the first 2v2 match. now the first team is gone but you have your other team left and that team has to beat both of the teams without losing or your team will lose the 2v2 portion of the match.

about the stages:
I only chose neutral stages that won't have a huge effect on the outcome of the match. Example: on say New Port Aeiro drive your busy fighting and then all of a sudden the freakin cars come and own you, or on Spear Pillar (Which I hate with an extreme passion) when the stupid pokemon come out and do uber powerful attacks and kick the crap out of you. So stages that have hazards that will send you flying instead of the opponent doing it is not allowed or a stage that will give you damage. So I guess Onett is out of the picture but Rainbow Cruise can be put in.
Well, I realize that, but Brinstar, Halberd, and Pictochat have fairly weak hazards that won't have a huge outcome on the match. Halberd is generally considered neutral, Pictochat borderline neutral, and Brinstar has been legal since Melee. They all give fair warning for when things are about to happen, and they generally don't kill until the 150-200% range.

Meanwhile, Shadow Moses has wall infinites and walk-offs, Skyworld has a whole host of problems with its destructible platforms, including a cave of life, and Temple has been banned since Melee for its loop and cave of life. All three mentioned stages often show up on the banned part of stage lists.

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
Okay I still can use some more teams.

for anyone whos has already signed up I don't have you and your teams info

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm kind of low on teammates for this (ie, none), as I wasn't kidding when I said I'd have to assemble a crew.

So I guess I'm entering as an individual.

Brawl Code: 0602-6005-2733

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm kind of low on teammates for this (ie, none), as I wasn't kidding when I said I'd have to assemble a crew.

So I guess I'm entering as an individual.

Brawl Code: 0602-6005-2733
thats cool, a lot of people did that, did you check out the new info thread?

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Well, then, looks like we have a crew. So, how should we contact each other?

Top Bottom