• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ssbb australia mirc channel

zfear

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I was hoping there was a mirc channel for us aussie brawlers? I'm new to smash bros but imported brawl and i'm very keen for online brawling. Mirc would make things lot easier to talk and set up brawls on the fly.

If nothing is set up i'll try get something started. It will be on gamesurge with the rest of australian online gaming.

-zfear

Scrubs

Smash Lord
There is not one as yet....

Feel free to create one...

However Brawl online is not the best experience in the world. The lag is pretty crappy. The game is much more fun/competitive played in person.

Where are you at?

There are well established Smash communities in every capital except Canberra/Darwin.

zfear

Smash Rookie
I'm in sydney. I'm really hoping online play is able to get somewhere or otherwise the game wont have any chance of getting big enough competitively in australia or anywhere else for that matter :(. Having alot fun atm though. Very much worth the import.

PS: im completely new to the community so who should i talk to about getting a mirc channel going / talk about if we could get it to work ?

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
There has been some discussion between online players of SSB 64 starting up a channel to organize p2p Kaillera games or whatever. We haven't started it yet, but maybe the idea could be extended to include Brawl and just all Australian Smash in general if there's interest for it.

That being said, sif online play is a prerequisite for Brawl getting competitive. Melbourne has the CW ranbats, I'm sure Sydney does stuff do (check the Sydney thread for your local stuff), RAMBO coming up is a national tourney for both Brawl and Melee (which never had any online play). Smash is a popular series and with renewed interest thanks to Brawl compounding onto the existing competitive scene, things are looking pretty good at the moment.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Ergh, got to try out Brawl online for the first time.

It was only slight, but erghh it was a bit annoying/inconvenient to play to be honest.

That said I'm not gonna try and adapt either, I'll probably play it still anyway but yeah nothing beats vsing in each other in person at meets etc etc.

Yeah, introduce yourself zfear in the Sydney thread :p

Edit -

Crossed out something I did say but obviously revoke now.

I played a bit more online. Most of the time it was actually pretty good, I guess it all comes down to who you're vsing, but yeahhh there were the odds time where it was quite/bit laggy but yeah other than most of the time it's great.

That said, I definitely plan to use it, but not too much. I don't revoke anything else that wasn't crossed out :p

zfear

Smash Rookie
Sounds good, i'm still very very new to smash bros so i havnt played more than 6 games online and that was when i didnt know what i was doing. I've just been trying to catch up on all the theory and go look over all the characters.

I'm sitting in #aus-ssbb on gamesurge but i havnt registered it.

Hopefully we get some more talk in this thread from others and then we can get the channel started.

-zfear

Top Bottom