• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Paint Rage Thread!

dandan

Smash Lord
there are no problems with pj and win7, and if you experience them, it is something you did wrong.

you can just download my emu folder, i am pretty sure you can find it in the ask a question thread, and if not, hit me up on msn.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
eh I don't mind staying with Windows XP really, thanks for the offer though =)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You should have mentioned that the logical evolution to the N64 tornado was its first appearance as a character in Brawl: Metaknight.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
vista is terrible, windows 7 is mildly better.
with both of them i experience memory leakage, too much resources, extra latency of 5ms for everything.
oh and they suck for networking and third party drivers.
windows 7 just has a cool side by side snap locking thing,
on Dolphin emulator:
windows 7:
30fps Melee

Windows xp:
60fps 100% melee

for project 64k/mupen
seem to run fine on both however usually more lag on 7

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well, Vista had that annoying UAC thing, which was why I referenced not being able to access the internet. :awesome:

Also, there's no doubt that Vista/7 require more resources and a better computer to run. That's quite obvious. So, with the same system hardware, of course software like Mupen and Dolphin will run faster on XP, but there's a threshold where when you have enough computing power, they will both operate equally well. The solution is to get a modern computer (maybe a little above modern for Dolphin) if you wish to run Vista/7 and do everything you could do on XP.

The beauty of XP is that it's so damn light and fast. Sure, it doesn't do the cool things that Vista/7 does, but if you're looking for performance and no aesthetics, XP is your OS.

However, in this day an age, when most computers can run Vista/7 and other software just fine, people are going to prefer the OS that is more user-friendly.

Point is, OSs don't make a difference in performance, provided you have a "good" enough computer.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
In this moment i am using a PC with Micro XP. The system booten on 6 sconds (No joke, 6 seconds since the windows xp loading screen to my desktop) and is runing incredible fast. And i have 128 mb of ram and 8 mb of video.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Well, Vista had that annoying UAC thing, which was why I referenced not being able to access the internet. :awesome:

Also, there's no doubt that Vista/7 require more resources and a better computer to run. That's quite obvious. So, with the same system hardware, of course software like Mupen and Dolphin will run faster on XP, but there's a threshold where when you have enough computing power, they will both operate equally well. The solution is to get a modern computer (maybe a little above modern for Dolphin) if you wish to run Vista/7 and do everything you could do on XP.

The beauty of XP is that it's so damn light and fast. Sure, it doesn't do the cool things that Vista/7 does, but if you're looking for performance and no aesthetics, XP is your OS.

However, in this day an age, when most computers can run Vista/7 and other software just fine, people are going to prefer the OS that is more user-friendly.

Point is, OSs don't make a difference in performance, provided you have a "good" enough computer.
thats just the thing, my computer has more than enough memory/resources to run dolphin melee fullspeed even while recording 60fps fraps, however it doesn't because of software/driver issues, which are specific to my machine, but similar errors occur across HEAPS of chipsets. Yes they casn be fixed, but its not easy and usually not worth the tradeoff (rolling back drivers to one that doesnt support 3D etc.). Running windows xp on the same machine gives me more options as to drivers (so many more builds for xp) and the fixes are usually permanent.
thats just a small example
point is OSs do make a difference in performance, XP has been around a LONG time, i.e, every problem people encounter has been solved before, and is usually easily fixable.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
thats just the thing, my computer has more than enough memory/resources to run dolphin melee fullspeed even while recording 60fps fraps, however it doesn't because of software/driver issues, which are specific to my machine, but similar errors occur across HEAPS of chipsets. Yes they casn be fixed, but its not easy and usually not worth the tradeoff (rolling back drivers to one that doesnt support 3D etc.). Running windows xp on the same machine gives me more options as to drivers (so many more builds for xp) and the fixes are usually permanent.
thats just a small example
point is OSs do make a difference in performance, XP has been around a LONG time, i.e, every problem people encounter has been solved before, and is usually easily fixable.
lets also add that Dolphin+Melee or other newer 3D games simply require a truckload of resources and an uberh4x graphics card, this is no OS problem really, this is a machine problem

Anyway, LMAO @ tornado character

blaze3927

Smash Ace
lets also add that Dolphin+Melee or other newer 3D games simply require a truckload of resources and an uberh4x graphics card, this is no OS problem really, this is a machine problem

Facepalm.....10 Facepalms.
did you even read what i posted?

when i run dolphin+melee on xp it doesnt use even half the ram, my gfx card doesnt go above 60% off its resource load (and its not even that uber)

from the person that posted that vista has no problems at all bar using more resources.
i will take it that you are :
a very bad troll
or very, very, very stupid

if not then explain to me why your posts are usually incredibly misinformed and just plain wrong?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Facepalm.....10 Facepalms.
did you even read what i posted?

when i run dolphin+melee on xp it doesnt use even half the ram, my gfx card doesnt go above 60% off its resource load (and its not even that uber)

from the person that posted that vista has no problems at all bar using more resources.
i will take it that you are :
a very bad troll
or very, very, very stupid

if not then explain to me why your posts are usually incredibly misinformed and just plain wrong?
Hey calm down, keyboard warrior.
Do you know how many resources the GameCube and the Wii use compared to running Dolphin?? And do you know how many resources you need to run a game like F1 2010 on optimum speed?? Thats it, this is a computer related problem, no matter the OS. Sure Vista does use more resources, but thast more about the developers being dum and asking for so much powerful machines.

dandan

Smash Lord
nix, do you miss that he said that it worked perfectly on xp on the same pc, and was totally rubbish on vista.

vista sucks in many ways. the kernel is messy, has more memory leaks, demands higher resources, and many other reasons.

right now i really like 7 though, bright new kernel which is way more streamlined.
yeah it demands more than xp, but if you know what services you do not need, as it runs more as default, it drops way down.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
You can still optimize vista for better performance. Vista kernel is not as garbage as some people make out to be, and

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/32bit-os-shoot-out-windows-xp-vs-vista-vs-7/

vista isnt that bad as you see. In fact its better than xp in a lot of things and beats 7 in some department, but yes of course overall 7 is better

Maybe you didnt know that Microsoft completely replaced the vista failure kernel in the service packs?

dandan

Smash Lord
just give me norton commander and i am set :D

saddening that most of the members are too young to remember it though.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
You could say that windows 7 is a fixed version of Vista... Windows 7 > Windows Vista.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
You can still optimize vista for better performance. Vista kernel is not as garbage as some people make out to be, and

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/32bit-os-shoot-out-windows-xp-vs-vista-vs-7/

vista isnt that bad as you see. In fact its better than xp in a lot of things and beats 7 in some department, but yes of course overall 7 is better

Maybe you didnt know that Microsoft completely replaced the vista failure kernel in the service packs?
Facepalm...10 more facepalms.
ignore...check

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Koro or Sheer? Looks like Yoshi mains are all interchangeable =D

But I agree it is pretty weird.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Lol ciaza. From Sheer's thread, comes this picture of korokoro.

Also, I am a yoshi main and I look ABSOLUTELY nothing like either of them.

Top Bottom