• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Character styles

Zantetsu

Smash Master
SSB64 Character styles

Ok i thought i would post this because it could help some new people at the game find a style they could use till they make up there own or get really good at the ones below. Also there will be a rating to what level the skill is.
0.5 meaning the worst and 2 meaning the good. There is no 3 because 3 is made up style which are always good (Most of the time anyways.)
Well enough talk lets get to it!

Luigi
---
Uair comboers : I havent seen much of these but i have seen a few so i'l put it in here. This is a pretty hard style to do but it can be good. Mostly these players weeken there opponents damage till there uair comboable (Dont know if thats a word but i'l use it anyways.). Usally they will pull off some uair's and then end with an up B.
Lvl : 2

Mario
---
Smasher spammers : Alot of these users do alot of down smashes. They know its a quick smash so they go ahead and use them for attacks. Mostly they will do down smashes 50% of the time and do drills 50% of the time. But there drills never really hit.
Lvl : 0.5

Grab whores : Title explains itself. These mario users know how far marios grab can go and they know how quick it is to. They grab alot in the match and there also tended to do alot of smashes if they miss there grabs.

DK
---
Grab whores : If u'l see a grab ***** its most likely (Not always) gonna be a dk. Dk's grabs are quick and can be thrown FAR. Usally they wont do any smashes. They will just grab and grab. Some of them will charge there fist when u'r thrown and they will hit u when u try and come back up.

Link
---
(No title) : These players usally use this style before they even start using kirby! Mostly they will do side smashes and dairs. U hardly ever see any Z-cancel's in these players

Samus
---
Get off so i can spike u! : Ok these players are so easy to face its not even funny. All they do is weeken u, TRY to grab u, And when they do they will Throw u off then spike u. Due to samus's grab speed...This opponent is very easy to handle.

Ball smasher ;P : These players are also quite annoying. They spam up and down B's like crazy. Usally its annoying because the bombs just hold u back and the up b's just take forever to end. And they end up smashing u at the end. But imo samus is easy to combo ;P
Lvl : 1
(Thx to box of fox for this style)

Captain falcon
---
Falcon KICK/PUNCH! : These are easy to get by also. All they do is spam falcon punches and kicks. Also these attacks are very slow so u can get them into combos realllll easy.

Uair comboer : This skill is kinda hard to do. They simply get u into uair combos by grabing or up smashing. There often called noobs alot by people who dont know how to DI.

Ness
---
Get off so i can spike u! : Once again...This is the same skill from the one by samus. They simply weeken u, grab u, throw u off, spike. These nesses are a little harder then the samuses because there grabs are quicker. But there still noobs.

Yoshi
---
Drilly Drilly Drilly! : These yoshi's are always fun to face and have a good challenge. Yoshi is easy comboable but just try not to get into his "Drilly Drilly Drilly" Combo. This is when he eather starts by a u tilt or gets u in the air somehow, Dair's, U tilt, Dair then some kinda smash.

Kirby
---
Dash attack to smash : Back in 06 and early 07 u found quite a bit of these players. Theyve mostly all moved to Pika's. Usally all they do is dash attack and side smash. If they get knocked up in the air they'l try to rock u and they do there up b as an attack quite often 2. So theyl pretty much dash attack, side smash then spike if ur off the edge.

Fox
---
Starter fox : These are starter players who just wanna use a fast character rather then being someone there GOOD WITH. They simply play noobish. They do dash attacks, If u start SHDLing they'l do a regular shine rather then a quick shine so u can go right up to them and combo them, And theres alot of other noobish stuff. Also alot of smashes.

Pikachu
---
Grab ***** : Once again...Another grab ***** character. They simply try to get u off the stage but when they do they'l jump off and do some arial attack then jump back on.

Jigglypuff
---
(None at the moment)

Well there ya have it the skills i have incountered in my 10 months of playing smash online. I dont have much so if u have one just post it below and i'l probley add it. Also if u think i made a mistake on a lvl or something also leave a post. This all together took 15 minutes so i can make any changes

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Does the obvious really need to be said boom?

Yeah, either he forgot or couldn't find the pink color text.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
This whole list isn't really needed, seeing as how most the people who visit these forums are perfectly aware of the techniques new players tend to exhibit. Regardless, I'd edit it to make the various styles you mentioned more expanded.

For example, we'll take CF players: There's more like...18 + X different styles than just 2.

1: Non-jumping B-attack users
2: Jumping B-attack users
3: Cemented to the ground throwers +Dashdancers
4: Cemented to the ground throwers, smashers +Dashdancers
5: Throw to Uair to Up-B combo users + Dashdancers
6: #5, Plus Fairs
7: #5, Plus Upsmash abuse
8: #6 + #7
9: #8 + Dair Spikes
10: #9 + Nair abuse
11: #5 + Nair abuse
12: #5 + Dair Spikes
13: Only A aerials basic directions
14: Only A aerials complex directions
15: #9 + Dash Throws
16: #15 + Comboing Fairs
17: #16 + Reading Mind ****
Isai: #17 + Not-messing up

The list goes on, both in terms of simplicity and complexity, but I simply don't have time to list them all.

My point is that you can't categorize playstyles without including every little one, otherwise you are ALWAYS oversimplifying.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
I think he just wanted to generalize the style...
I don't think this is supposed to be a research report... oversimplifying is fine

that said I think another Mario style (my style) is to approach with fireballs (usually 2-4) and drill to up airs
its up to you to decide what level that is at

Zantetsu

Smash Master
This whole list isn't really needed, seeing as how most the people who visit these forums are perfectly aware of the techniques new players tend to exhibit. Regardless, I'd edit it to make the various styles you mentioned more expanded.

For example, we'll take CF players: There's more like...18 + X different styles than just 2.

1: Non-jumping B-attack users
2: Jumping B-attack users
3: Cemented to the ground throwers +Dashdancers
4: Cemented to the ground throwers, smashers +Dashdancers
5: Throw to Uair to Up-B combo users + Dashdancers
6: #5, Plus Fairs
7: #5, Plus Upsmash abuse
8: #6 + #7
9: #8 + Dair Spikes
10: #9 + Nair abuse
11: #5 + Nair abuse
12: #5 + Dair Spikes
13: Only A aerials basic directions
14: Only A aerials complex directions
15: #9 + Dash Throws
16: #15 + Comboing Fairs
17: #16 + Reading Mind ****
Isai: #17 + Not-messing up

The list goes on, both in terms of simplicity and complexity, but I simply don't have time to list them all.

My point is that you can't categorize playstyles without including every little one, otherwise you are ALWAYS oversimplifying.
My point is u can cuss i just did. And im trying to get the MAIN styles. Usally those are all combined into one style. Theres tons of comboing fair people but they also read minds and could do alot of things. U just broke up a couple of styles and made alot of "Mini" Styles.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Its not concidered hard to do. Its hard to get uair combos to work. ALot of times people hardly ever can do them. On me anyways...

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Well actually on keyboard they can be a little more difficult to pull off if you are doing one of those 5 Uairs to an up-B. I can usually pull off about 3 and then I HAVE to up-B. The reason being that its more difficult to manage uairs without automatically using your second jump.

But otherwise uair is... well...one of the easier combos to pull off.

BHLMRO-- perhaps I'm an obnoxious perfectionist, but it feels uncomfortable just picking out the "main" styles, because that's more a matter of opinion than fact. For example, the kirby, ness, and DK and Pika ones are definitely main playstyles, but I see far more down-B/up-B spamming forwardsmashing noob Samuses than ones that throw and dair.

Regardless, nice list otherwise.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well actually on keyboard they can be a little more difficult to pull off if you are doing one of those 5 Uairs to an up-B. I can usually pull off about 3 and then I HAVE to up-B. The reason being that its more difficult to manage uairs without automatically using your second jump.

But otherwise uair is... well...one of the easier combos to pull off.

BHLMRO-- perhaps I'm an obnoxious perfectionist, but it feels uncomfortable just picking out the "main" styles, because that's more a matter of opinion than fact. For example, the kirby, ness, and DK and Pika ones are definitely main playstyles, but I see far more down-B/up-B spamming forwardsmashing noob Samuses than ones that throw and dair.

Regardless, nice list otherwise.
Thx i'll add the samus one.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
Please make mario a little more helpful lol~sometimes the mindgames you pull off with mario will amaze your opponents because to me he is the perfect character to do so... this is an opinion so it cannot be right or wrong.

I think the marios that incorporate aerials should get at least a 1 and then the shdair to uair zc should get 1.5 or 2.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So how come she isn't bottom tier then. Half the characters are worse than her. And if you get beaten to easily then get good so you DON'T get it. That is the main objective isn't it? And just because you say jiggly is no good dosn't mean that Jigglypuff dosn't get a description.

Top Bottom