• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ssb4 physics

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well! It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has a thoughback.
Do you remember Mario Kart Rainbow Dash? What happened to the... Err... Double Dash! DOUBLE Dash! What happened to the double pilot? They trashed the idea and turned back to the single pilot.
On the other side, what if the will aim to make a Melee 2.0 and will come out with a Brawl 2.0? You know that might happen.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
On the other side, what if the will aim to make a Melee 2.0 and will come out with a Brawl 2.0? You know that might happen.
Considering it's Nintendo we are talking about, I wouldn't be surprised.

Nintendo, who gave us Mario Galaxy 2 (instead of a new concept, like they usually do with 3D Mario) and above all the Wii U.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well, if Nintendo was like Capcom, by now we would have a Super NES Hyper Special Champion Edition X'

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Capcom is Capcom, expansions are what they do. Nintendo usually gives us quality games with great sequels that further develop the concept of the series. Expansions aren't their thing.

But now when I think about it, both Mario Galaxy 2 and Wii U take a big step from their respective predecessors. They will probably come up with something new.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Melee. that is all.

Actually no. I really like the idea of going back to a 64 environment but that is possibly the slowest entry in the game because each attack has a lot of start-up and end lag. I'd prefer Brawl's move speed but about half as floaty.

:phone:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Melee. that is all.

Actually no. I really like the idea of going back to a 64 environment but that is possibly the slowest entry in the game because each attack has a lot of start-up and end lag. I'd prefer Brawl's move speed but about half as floaty.

:phone:
I don't agree with that. SSB64 is a bit floaty, yes, but it isn't the slowest entry. Z-cancel does wonders for the speed and enables long combos (also thanks to long hitstun and limited DI).

As for the start-up and end lag, it all depends on the attack. King Dedede's Fsmash has a really long start-up and end lag. Samus' Fsmash in SSB64 is much quicker, and Pikachu's Usmash has a really short end lag. In general, SSB64 isn't that slow.

Also, the Falcon Punch in SSB64 is the quickest Falcon Punch in the whole series.

Top Bottom