• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Online

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
I plan to get a Wii U for SSB4 in the near future but I was wondering how the "online" or "netcode" is since that's what i'll be primarily playing on, is it good or bad?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
depends on your internet. Online ranges from pretty bad to pretty good, and there's very little downtime between finding matches if you stick to for glory. Other than that, you can actively find people in you area to play with online to ensure good games.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
My online experience is terrible, most of the time and I have the best internet speeds I've ever had in my life. However, if one player's connection is bad, we all lag, no matter what your ISP promises. But when it doesn't lag, it's great, especially in 4 player game modes. They say the closer you are to your opponent irl, the better the experience.

There are matches where you'll have unbearable input lag or matches where the match itself is chugging.

Konneh

Smash Cadet
I have had great experiences with the play-with-friends mode. Searching for people to play on Anther's Ladder or just playing with other people I know while they're at home, it always worked great so far. But I've heard the exact opposite for other people with the same connection as me, so it's really a gamble.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
depends on your internet. Online ranges from pretty bad to pretty good, and there's very little downtime between finding matches if you stick to for glory. Other than that, you can actively find people in you area to play with online to ensure good games.
how do you do that?

Konneh

Smash Cadet
How come on my friends list, I see the status "In a local battle," or "For Glory"?
What's the difference? :V
A local battle means that the person is playing an offline mode.
For Glory means that person is playing For Glory.

You will use the "Friends" system for Anther's Ladder, you find enemies there, you add each other to your friendlists (of course you should pick someone not too far away from you) and then you play.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh ok
That is creepy that people can see your activity. Thank you

Top Bottom