• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(SSB4)Greater Philadelphia Region - Assemble!

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
Hi all,

So ever since SSB4 was a few months from releasing (3ds anyway) I've scoured smashboards for local tourney/friendly play in my area. I cannot for the life of me find anything that is less than 2-3hours away, and since I live approx 30mins from a big city like Philly I refuse to believe there isn't more interest in smash around here! I live in Chadds Ford, PA which is located here for those who need a reference point:

I live around here

Just a little info about me, I am a 26 year old male who is very chill but has a desire to ascend the SSB4 ranks.

Now before I go any further I just want to add I plan on waiting it out for the Wii U version, but I thought that since we are (hopefully) on the verge of getting a release date announced I could see what the community is like around here. I actually have the 3ds version, FC is: 1865-1068-2662

So for those who are in this vicinity (DE,NJ,NY,PA) and have any interest in playing matches, practicing, holding tourneys, assembling a bomb crew, etc, etc please respond with your location, your history with smash, age, m/f, and anything else you want to add!

My goal is to gather some sort of community together so that when the Wii U version drops, we can be organized and ready to rock! Once I get some feedback we can decide where to go from there.

Last edited:

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
yes some people are playing the 3ds. I can link you to a couple south east pa smash pages.
Saw the crew page, pretty funny lol but in all seriousness you guys look legit and i'm looking forward to playing with you all. Consider me in for Dec 21st tourney :shades:. My FB acct is virtually non-exsistent though, is there another way for me to confirm my attendance?

zoidbergenstein

Smash Rookie
If you're in the city a few of us play in Center City or Old City almost every night. Msg me on here for more details if you would care to join us some time.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
If you're in the city a few of us play in Center City or Old City almost every night. Msg me on here for more details if you would care to join us some time.
That would be cool, lately i'm not in the city on weeknights though. Do you guys ever play on the weekends and whatnot?

salmonofdoubt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-2628-7737
I would be interested in meeting up to play Smash casually. I don't have much interest in competitive tournaments, but I do strive to improve at the game. I also messaged zoidbergenstein, so we might see each other if we both meet up with his group.

I'm not sure why you need demographic information, but I live in West Philadelphia, I'm male, and I'm 25 years old.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
I would be interested in meeting up to play Smash casually. I don't have much interest in competitive tournaments, but I do strive to improve at the game. I also messaged zoidbergenstein, so we might see each other if we both meet up with his group.

I'm not sure why you need demographic information, but I live in West Philadelphia, I'm male, and I'm 25 years old.
Niice well playing with others regardless of your goals will always make you better. I think once the Wii U version drops i'll be way more inclined to meet up with people and play since it'll be much easier.

And I asked for that info because if i'm going to meet up with other players I rather them be in the same age range as me and all that.

zoidbergenstein

Smash Rookie
It looks like a few of us are going to be getting together tonight around 5:00-5:30 in front of Indy Hall at 22 N 3rd Street, basically Market and 3rd.

Top Bottom