• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ssb4 3d.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I can't remember where i read it, but sakurai said that ssb4 probably wont be in 3D.:c

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Can't remember where he read it?
Piece of news that we haven't overanalyzed yet?

Sounds suspicious, if you ask me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can't remember where he read it?
Piece of news that we haven't overanalyzed yet?

Sounds suspicious, if you ask me.
3D is too big to get in. :troll:

But yeah, I do recall him saying that the series wouldn't switch to 3D just for the hell of it. Maybe that's what he's talking about.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
3D is too big to get in. :troll:
My sides have officially split.

But yeah, I do recall him saying that the series wouldn't switch to 3D just for the hell of it. Maybe that's what he's talking about.
Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing something like that. But was he talking about 3DS gimmicks, or full-on Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi-esque 3D?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Personally, i think the 3d sucks anyway.It just seems to make the game eh...less unique to the 3ds.God knows what cool stuff they will give the wii u.with it's controller the possibilities are almost endless.the 3ds' 3d is what makes it truly unique.They will have to find something for 3ds users. :I

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Personally, i think the 3d sucks anyway.It just seems to make the game eh...less unique to the 3ds.God knows what cool stuff they will give the wii u.with it's controller the possibilities are almost endless.the 3ds' 3d is what makes it truly unique.They will have to find something for 3ds users. :I
It's already been stated that gimmicks are not going to get much focus for this game, so there's probably not much to the Wii U GamePad. I don't really care, when i want to play Smash, or any other video game, i just want to grab a controller and play.

Morin0

Smash Lord
SSB4 in 3D is only asking for huge headaches as there's so much that goes on on-screen that I imagine it would get a bit overwhelming after a bit. And it it were in 3D, I think that would only be for the 3DS.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I do if I'm at home. It looks neat and I can just plug the 3DS in if the power gets low. If I'm in a vehicle, though, I usually opt for 2D.
Lucky you, i can't even play on a handheld while being in a vechile without getting a little headache. Also, i have to say the 3D on 3DS XL looks a lot better. It doesn't have that annoying screen reflection problem like the first 3DS.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Here's the quote everyones talkin bout,

"The game system itself is complete, so we don't want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it," Sakurai told IGN. "

OP seems sad that smash bros wont be in 3d? If they make a 3ds version It probably will...

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Lucky you, i can't even play on a handheld while being in a vechile without getting a little headache. Also, i have to say the 3D on 3DS XL looks a lot better. It doesn't have that annoying screen reflection problem like the first 3DS.
Well, that bites. :(
I'm fine with my 3DS right now. I probably won't be getting an XL for a long time, if ever.

"The game system itself is complete, so we don't want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it," Sakurai told IGN. "

OP seems sad that smash bros wont be in 3d? If they make a 3ds version It probably will...
If they do a cop-out like NSMB2 did (as in turning on the 3D makes the graphics worse), I'll be a little upset. I probably won't care very much, but all they would need to do is give the stages and backgrounds a little bit of depth. That's all it takes to make the game look more impressive.

Also, I love how threads with barely any content or purpose can always turn into a valid discussion on this forum. It's very intriguing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

It sounds more like a full environmental 3D instead of Stereoscopic 3D. You know, like Kid Icarus Uprising's battle mode.

I really hope they won't avoid the stereoscopic 3D feature of the 3DS. I'm one of the few people who actually loves this little feature of the 3DS. I always switch it on whenever I'm playing a 3DS game (unless I'm outside in order to save battery power) and I really enjoyed taking Brawl snapshots and then turning them into stereoscopic 3D images with a handy little tool. So yeah. Though it won't be a big deal (So long as there is still an SD card support and taking snapshots is still possible for both games etc. I would still be able to make my own 3D smash pics like Brawl). It would still be a bit of a shame to see it absent imo. =/

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually prefer if they put a 3D in. It really helps immerse yourself in the experience. Sometimes though when i get too into a game i'll start holding the 3DS at slightly different angles and the 3d effect will get ruined :/

But given how much of my life i spend playing smash bros I'd probably just end up turning it off.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
I think that what Sakurai meant by not making the game 3D was, to make the gameplay 3D, kinda like Tekken, Soul Calibur etc. not 3D as in the feature of the 3DS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought the 3D is NSMB2 looked pretty good

Top Bottom