• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Wii U Online Crew Tournament #2 - Time to Double the Fun between 3/21/15 and 3/28/15

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Thread where crews are listed: http://smashboards.com/threads/onli...cause-the-old-thread-had-no-active-op.388496/

Link to Falco Round Robin (side event): http://smashboards.com/threads/otc-...captain-falcon-round-robin-side-event.394930/

CHALLONGE LINK: http://challonge.com/OTCLeague2

EDIT: There's NO loser's bracket. ignore it. Was convinced not to include one due to time restraints o.o

If you are not part of the list, don't worry. You can still join this tournament with your crew. But I strongly recommend you go post your crew in the other thread as well, to rank up your crew, as well as get updates on any upcoming tournaments or events!

When will this be? From the 21st through the 28th of March, all matches must be done. This is to allow crews more time to gather and prepare their best fighters ^^

THIS IS A WII U DOUBLES TOURNAMENT

Now that that's outta the way...

This is the second crew tournament to be attached to the official crew battle thread. Thus, I, with some help from TheMoneyTeam, will do my best to make this run smoothly. That being said, I hope everyone has fun, and tries their best.
Legal Stage List:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City

Counterpicks:

Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Skyloft

If both players are ok with a stage not listed here, they can go to that stage, but only if both players agree.

Crew battle type:

Doubles. Each crew will have 3 pairs of players. So basically it will be 6v6. Pairs will take turns playing as they get eliminated. Pair 1 from Group A will vs Pair 1 from Group B first, then if Pair 1 from Group A gets knocked out, Pair 2 from Group A will face Pair 1 of Group B, and so on and so forth, until only 1 crew has any representatives remaining.

Note: If someone loses all their stocks in a game, but their partner still wins, the player with no stocks will get 1 stock, to be able to accompany their partner into battle.

Additional rules:

1) No customs
2) default Miis are allowed, but only the default type (1111, 2222, and 3333) so customs must be off.

If I missed anything, let me know. :3
Crew name:
Pair List: (you can add as many pairings as you want from your crew, as those that are possible to participate)
Crew name: Inglorious Smashers
Pair List: DrChops + frobo, truballer + Slime, Quidkid + Kite, ElMarv + blaz (Placeholder teams for now, subject to change :) )

Crew Name: Monado Masters
Pair List: TBA!!

Crew name: The Money Team
Pair List: Artryuu + Taokaka, Primer TMT + his bro, Darklink401 + Moi Ari, DKcruz + Skylit

Crew : SUPER SMACKDOWN

Pairs: Jason + Tim , Ari + Andrew, Brandon + Nick, Luis + Kyle, Zach + Adil, Wade + Kevin. These pairs are subject to change, and all might not be available.

Crew Name: Rumble Crew
Pairs: TBA
1. Trophy/banner made by me. Will post example of my GFX work later so you know it's gonna be at least pretty good.
2. BP (exact amount to be decided, depending on how many crews are participating)

Have fun!

Also El Scorcho, sorry for taking long with your prize, Ive been a bit busy. Also I procrastinate.....but it shall be done soon! X3

Last edited:

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
Alright, I got some questions for you.
1. Is team attack on? (I know it's a silly question, but I figured it should be stated. Perhaps stock time and all that other jazz should be posted as well)
2. Is this exclusively for the Wii U version? I realize there are now some 3DS exclusive crews now so I think it should be stated how the 2 platforms would be handled, that is if the 3DS is allowed for this.

*Edited a spelling error :b

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Alright, I got some questions for you.
1. Is team attack on? (I know it's a silly question, but I figured it should be stated. Perhaps stock time and all that other jazz should be posted as well)
2. Is this exclusively for the Wii U version? I realize there are now some 3DS exclusive crews now so I think it should be stated how the 2 platforms would be handled, that is if the 3DS is allowed for this.

*Edited a spelling error :b
1. Yes. Also will be added. Thanks for that.

2. Exclusive to Wii U. 3ds tournament.....should have been planned. Was on my mind. Perhaps I'll need to make in the end/beginning of the month, the other in the middle, from now on.

BTW anyone is free to host tournaments, the prize in BP should be ran by me first tho, so its not liek 5000 BP or whatever lol.

So anyone can do the 3ds tournaments. XP I might have to do official ones, I guess...haha. Don't wanna leave my 3ds-peeps hangin.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Miis? Sure.As long as they're the default ones. Customs? I'm gonna apply that next month ;D

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Crew name: Inglorious Smashers
Pair List: DrChops + frobo, truballer + Slime, Quidkid + Kite, ElMarv + blaz (Placeholder teams for now, subject to change :) )

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
I will try to push M2 into this. Are we allowed to have a sub team/pairing?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I will try to push M2 into this. Are we allowed to have a sub team/pairing?
No team has to be final, I just need a tentative list of possible pairings your crew has.

You can switch it up any time before the tourney, tho you do need to stick with a partner for the tourney.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Crew Name: Monado Masters

Pair List: TBA!!

Edit: Hype! :3

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Update: This tournament will take place from the 21st to the 28th of March, giving everyone a week to do every match. =3

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
Update: This tournament will take place from the 21st to the 28th of March, giving everyone a week to do every match. =3
Will there be a Salty Suite this time? My crew wants to make some challenges ;). I can host it if you want.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Will there be a Salty Suite this time? My crew wants to make some challenges ;). I can host it if you want.
Last time there wasnt one xD There was gonna be but I cancelled it due to only have 2 fights.

But if enough people are interested, I might do it.

Last edited:

dkCruz

Smash Rookie
A salty suite sounds nice. im guessing the salty suite will also be for doubles?

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
There should be a Falcon Round Robin with each Falcon main from every crew. Why? Cause Falcon dittos are amazing! :seuss:

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
There should be a Falcon Round Robin with each Falcon main from every crew. Why? Cause Falcon dittos are amazing! :seuss:
Ooooh, that could be fun. We could challenge the other crews to enter their best Falcon into the round robin. I like this.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
XD Well I mean...it definitely sounds interesting. We have a few good Falcons, tho I'm not sure if we'd have enough crews with Falcon mains XD

DrChops

Smash Apprentice
XD Well I mean...it definitely sounds interesting. We have a few good Falcons, tho I'm not sure if we'd have enough crews with Falcon mains XD
If we don't have enough Falcons, we could allow 2 Falcons from each crew. Honestly, we only want like 6 Falcons total, round robins take forever.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If we don't have enough Falcons, we could allow 2 Falcons from each crew. Honestly, we only want like 6 Falcons total, round robins take forever.
Yeah I'm aiming for 6. If we get 6 unique falcons, then awesome. If not, it will be 2 from each crew XD

Evil Goku

Smash Cadet
NNID
TH3BOULDER
3DS FC
3995-6873-2583
ok i dont get it is this crew battles 5v5 tourney or is this a doubles tourney not clear

Evil Goku

Smash Cadet
NNID
TH3BOULDER
3DS FC
3995-6873-2583
what do u mean i still dont get how its 3v3 tell me how its gunna work

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
what do u mean i still dont get how its 3v3 tell me how its gunna work
It's essentially 6v6, but have 3 'pairs' from your crews participate. as in, 3 groups of 2 vs 3 groups of 2. The way it works is explained in the OP ^^

its wii u only tho ^^''

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
Oh **** that starts tmrw! I thought it was on the 28th?! I will try to get signed up tonight

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I think Rumble Crew's doing this, but I'm not sure who can and can't make it or what our pairs should be. I think we'll have enough people but I can't guarantee it. I guess I'll sign up now and sort everything else out later. If we can't get 6 people I'll let you know.
Crew Name: Rumble Crew
Pairs: TBA

Jason Rosenberg

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quidkid
Okay this our offical signup post let me know if I did it correctly

Crew : SUPER SMACKDWON

Pairs: Jason + Tim , Ari + Andrew, Brandon + Nick, Luis + Kyle, Zach + Adil, Wade + Kevin. These pairs are subject to change, and all might not be available.

MHFsilver

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2878-9786-7166
I'd love to partake but the 6PM time slot is bad for me. If it was maybe 2 hours later I could join

Top Bottom