• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB TASing returns, but with a twist!

SuperMarioman11

Smash Rookie
NNID
fQuantum
3DS FC
3265-6396-2357
So, I've come to notice recently that the TAS community for SSB has basically halted. I don't see that many TASes for this game anymore, and when I do it's the usual Perfect Falcon, Perfect Fox, etc.. So, I thought I would bring it upon myself to try and revive this scene, but to add a bit of a spin.

The way I plan on doing this, is to make TASes for dumb things. Make it fun and entertaining, but also to break new grounds. I say this, because the plan with this project is to TAS modded versions of the characters. Considering nobody's done this yet, I feel like it's something people should see.

Obviously, it will be difficult. I've already talked to several members of the community about it, and they've been some of the most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I have all the programs I need, all I need now is the knowledge and time, the latter of which I have.

However, while I'm learning to mod the characters and such, I do still make unorthodox TASes for this game (at least now I do, the first couple were standard). In fact, the first two abnormal TASes are right here:

I really hope people somewhat take this project seriously. Somebody posted the Fox video to reddit and it got nothing but hate, but I really do think that this is a project worth going through with, and I'm looking forward to any support anybody wants to give. It would be amazingly helpful in getting this underway.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I used to do the 2nd video against real life people.

Also nobody can read OPs font because it blends in with certain theme backgrounds.

caneut

Smash Ace
I'll worry about that later. The first modded TAS will be streamed tonight.
please just stop being autistic and use a regular color. your not a unique little flower. your a person that hardly anyone cares about and the LEAST you could do for us, the people taking time out of OUR day to read your stupid bull****, is stop using an autistic text color

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I'm only agreeing with caneut because I can be conservative on certain issues.

SuperMarioman11

Smash Rookie
NNID
fQuantum
3DS FC
3265-6396-2357
I don't even remember where to change the default color, but whatever. The text color isn't the point of this.

Here's the first modded TAS:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I don't even remember where to change the default color, but whatever. The text color isn't the point of this.

Here's the first modded TAS:

You're bad at ssb64. TA really shows this off...

Here is just a tip, try to make more consecutive combos. Such as comboing off the wall multiple times, doing super precise combos, doing frame perfect inputs.

The reason the clip cuts at 0:58 is because it desynced, unfortunately.
Make more save states, use dolphin or mupen64 re-recording version.

Last edited:

SuperMarioman11

Smash Rookie
NNID
fQuantum
3DS FC
3265-6396-2357
You're bad at ssb64. TA really shows this off...

Here is just a tip, try to make more consecutive combos. Such as comboing off the wall multiple times, doing super precise combos, doing frame perfect inputs.

Make more save states, use dolphin or mupen64 re-recording version.
I didn't make the combos very long because I wanted the video to be short. I could have easily done super long tent combos, it's very possible, but the video would be boring if that's all I did. I wanted to show off movement speed more than anything, hence him flying around everywhere.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings

I didn't make the combos very long because I wanted the video to be short. I could have easily done super long tent combos, it's very possible, but the video would be boring if that's all I did. I wanted to show off movement speed more than anything, hence him flying around everywhere.
Watch anti-gar or JDP tas videos. They had some decent TA.

I'd also suggest playing the game competitively, so you can get familiar with the mechanics.

Edit: spelled their names terribly wrong.

Last edited:

SuperMarioman11

Smash Rookie
NNID
fQuantum
3DS FC
3265-6396-2357
Watch anti-gar or JDP tas videos. They had some decent TA.

I'd also suggest playing the game competitively, so you can get familiar with the mechanics.

Edit: spelled their names terribly wrong.
I've been playing this game a lot recently. I'm quite addicted to it now.

Last edited:

SuperMarioman11

Smash Rookie
NNID
fQuantum
3DS FC
3265-6396-2357
I've already released several videos since this one, I just haven't posted them here yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom