• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB: Newcomers Approaching! | Kraid

Fletchking-Team Dream

Smash Apprentice
Fighter Info
Background

Name: Kraid
Title: The Brutal Beast of Brinstar
Home: Zebes
Related Veterans: Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus & Ridley
Related Newcomers: Omega Metroid & Raven Beak
Signature Stages: Tourian & Cataris
Copy Ability: Fire or Needle
Series: Metroid
Debut: Metroid (1986)
Voice Actor: None
Company: Nintendo

Statistics
Playstyle: Powerhouse + Bait & Punish
Attack: 7.5/10
Defense: 7.5/10
Speed: 4/10
Size: 7.5/10
Weight: 6.5/10
Combos: 4/10
K.O. Power: 7/10
Recovery: 5.5/10
Movement Options: Crawl & Double Jump

Fighter Moveset
Normal :GCA:

Jab: Kraid Cleaver - Kraid performs two claw swipes and a large bite while lunging forward. (Origin: Metroid: Zero Mission)
Dash: Skewer Scuttle - Kraid charges forward, performing a body slam with the spikes on his belly. (Origin: Super Metroid)
F Tilt: Cuffin' Cleaver - Kraid performs two simultaneous claw swipes, clapping both of his hands together. (Origin: None)
U Tilt: Cloud Cleaver - Kraid performs an uppercut with his claw, swinging in an upward arc above himself. (Origin: None)
D Tilt: Tail Thrasher - Kraid spins around, performing a low to the ground swipe attack with his massive tail. (Origin: None)

Smash :GCCN:
F Smash: Cleaver Crash - Kraid swings overhead with one of his claws, slamming it on the ground. (Origin: Metroid Dread)
U Smash: Mountainous Maw - Kraid performs an skyward headbutt, then chomps above himself. (Origin: Metroid Dread)
D Smash: Titanic Tremor - Kraid strikes the ground with his claws and tail, creating an earthquake. (Origin: Super Metroid)

Aerial :GCX:
N Air: Booming Bellow - Kraid performs a body flop while roaring, creating a soundwave. (Origin: Super Metroid)
F Air: Cleaver Comet - Kraid performs a large overhead scratch with both of his claws. (Origin: None)
B Air: Tail Turnabout - Kraid turns around and performs a backward swing with his tail. (Origin: None)
U Air: Towering Tail - Kraid performs a quick aerial backflip, swinging in a skyward arc with his tail. (Origin: None)
D Air: Cleaver Collision - Kraid thrusts downward with his feet, performing a powerful double kick. (Origin: None)

Grab ‘n’ Throws :GCZ:
Pummel: Colossal Chomp - Kraid uses his jaws to bite the opponent on their head. (Origin: Metroid Dread)
F Throw: Chomp 'n' Chuck - Kraid lifts the opponent with his jaws, then throws them forward. (Origin: None)
B Throw: Chomp 'n' Chuck - Kraid lifts the opponent with his jaws and throws them backward. (Origin: None)
U Throw: Monolith Masher - Kraid throws the opponent upward, then headbutts their stomach. (Origin: None)
D Throw: Shattering Smack - Kraid slams the opponent down on the ground two times in a row. (Origin: None)

Specials :GCB:
Neutral Special: Violent Vomiting

Kraid opens his mouth, spewing out a wave of several globules and fireballs from it in a forward arc.
Violent Vomit can be aimed upward or downward to alter the trajectory of the globules and fireballs.
(Origin: Metroid Dread)

Side Special: Claw Cannon
Kraid swings overhead while detatching a claw from one of his hands, flinging it forward in a curved arc.
He can either repeatedly fling his claws forward (Mash "B") or change its trajectory beforehand (Hold "B").
(Origin: Metroid | 1986)

Up Special: Acidic Ascent
Kraid strikes the ground with a powerful stomp, breifly creating a geyser of acid that propels him skyward.
The acid geyser lingers onstage for five seconds. If performed mid-air, he'll stomp on an acidic rock instead.

Down Special: Stomach Splash
Kraid uses one of the holes on his belly to fire an acidic blob that creates a poisonous wave on the ground.
The acidic blob can be fired downward while mid-air and if held, he'll squeeze his belly to fire a larger blob.
(Origin: Metroid Dread)

Shield Special: Barbed Belly
Kraid uses the holes on his belly to spawn three large spikes on it, then simultaneously fires them forward.
Belly Spikes can be fired downward in mid-air or kept in (Press "A"). They also linger on walls or platforms.

Final Smash: Awakened Behemoth
Kraid strikes the ground with a powerful stomp, creating two waves of acid geysers beside himself, sending opponents to his lair.
Upon their arrival, the opponents are slammed downward by a giant claw before being greeted by glowing red eyes in the dark.
They look at a now enlarged Kraid who triumphantly looms over them and roars before he spits a gigantic rock at the opponents.
Afterwards, Kraid returns to the stage while temporarily enlarged, increasing his Power, Defense and Weight for twenty seconds.

Alternate Costumes
Green (Default)
Red (Crocomire Colors)
Blue (Corpius Colors)
Yellow (Phantoon Colors)
Orange (Alcoon Colors)
Purple (Ridley Colors)
Brown (Low Health)
Grey (Chozo Soldier Colors)
Black (Raven Beak X Colors)
Retro Colors (1986)
Meta Kraid (Default)
Meta Kraid (Sheegoth Colors)
Meta Kraid (Chykka Colors)
Meta Kraid (Berseker Lord Colors)
Meta Kraid (Sawken Colors)
Chozo Restraints (Default)
Chozo Restraints (Concept Colors)
Chozo Restraints (Arachhus Colors)
Chozo Restraints (Serris Colors)
Chozo Restraints (King Kihunter Colors)

Miscellaneous
Animations

Stage Entrance: Kraid emerges from the ground, then roars at the camera.
Idle #1: Kraid licks his mouth with his tounge, then smacks his lips.
Idle #2: Kraid sharpens his claws, but accidentally scratches his arm.
Idle #3: Kraid briefly falls asleep, smacking the ground with hit tail.
Up Taunt: Kraid stomps on the ground, then rears back and roars while his eyes glow brightly.
Side Taunt: Kraid slightly leans forward and bites thrice while slamming his tail on the ground.
Down Taunt: Kraid tauntingly laughs while proudly patting himself on the belly with his claws.
Victory Pose #1: Kraid quickly emerges from the ground while roaring at the sky, then strikes a pose for the camera.
Victory Pose #2: Kraid begins to fall asleep, slamming his tail on the ground, then wakes up and roars at the camera.
Victory Pose #3: Kraid fuses his belly to fire several large spikes, then strikes a pose while laughing and belly patting.

Sound Effects
Crowd Cheer: "Kraid (8x)"
Victory Theme #1: "Item Aquired" (Villain Remix)
Victory Theme #2: "Boss Kraid" (Short Remix)
Classic Mode Credits Theme: "Brinstar Depths" (Ultimate Remix)

SSB Roster Rework Project List:
https://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-roster-rework-project.518388/

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pretty nice, but I am wondering how Kraid would be scaled down to be playable. He is overly large after all, or living large, if you know what I mean.

Fletchking-Team Dream

Smash Apprentice
Pretty nice, but I am wondering how Kraid would be scaled down to be playable. He is overly large after all, or living large, if you know what I mean.
If it weren't for the Mini-Kraids from Metroid (1986) and Super Metroid, along with the fact he was probably cloned in Metroid Dread, I would've given up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If it weren't for the Mini-Kraids from Metroid (1986) and Super Metroid, along with the fact he was probably cloned in Metroid Dread, I would've given up.
I see.

I guess I understand where you are coming from, and maybe it can work, except I heard Mini-Kraid is not Kraid himself, but hey, it isn't impossible, is it?

Fletchking-Team Dream

Smash Apprentice
I see.

I guess I understand where you are coming from, and maybe it can work, except I heard Mini-Kraid is not Kraid himself, but hey, it isn't impossible, is it?
Nope, it's not impossible. The only thing that stands between Kraid and his Smash invite is relevancy.

Top Bottom